Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Claro
Accepted Solution

The touch screen isn´t working properly

Hi guys

My mom´s Blackberry Torch 9800 (Carrier is Claro Brasil and the OS is updated to 6.0 Bundle 2647) isn´t working properly.  Sometimes the touch screen doesn´t work and sometimes is works but not in a perfect way. When I try to type some numbers to dial using the virtual keyboard some keys doesn´t work out like the back button. When I type the back button the number 3 appears in the screen.  I tried to downgrade and then upgrade the software using the desktop manager but this didn´t fix the problem and even after pulling the battery several times the problem remains.

Any one had this problem before?

If I can get some help in this forum I will be more than happy.

Many thanks in advance.

Otavio

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: The touch screen isn´t working properly

When you do battery pulls, your phone is turned on when you remove the battery, right?  I only ask this because usually a battery pull will correct this issue so I want to make sure you're doing it properly.

If you're doing it properly, there are really only two solutions for this issue (assuming your touchscreen was working correctly at one time.  If it's never worked properly, you can adjust the sensitivity settings of it): a battery pull and reloading the OS.  If neither of these solutions is working, I would suggest taking the phone back for warranty work or replacement.  If the phone is older than one-year old, you might have to look for another phone because warranty work is only performed within the first year.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Thanks Bill for your reply.

In fact when I remove the battery the phone is turned on.

I tried to edit the touch screen sensitiveness but I confess I do not know how to set up this. TAP interval is pre-set at 700 and Hover period at 800. Any tip?

Strange is when I dial using the virtual keyboard. Sometimes I press one number and on the screen appears two different numbers. The back button works as number #3.

This device worked very well until last week when this touch screen problems showed up. and sadly as I have bought it in the USA there is no warranty.

Thanks again for your help.

Highlighted
Contributor

Strangely my reply as member Murundum showed up as RG707 that is my Twitter account. Maybe I have two accounts here, will check it out.

Sorry for the confusion.

Otavio
Contributor

To finish this topic I must inform you guys that 9800 had its screen changed and it is now working very well. Total cost to me was about USD 100 . Not bad.

Thanks for your help guys.

Now I am looking for the Blackberry 10 phone !!!!!