Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

The upgrade/update that I'm getting from my desktop manager is taking a long time, I'm not sure if it's normal or if it's frozen?

So I just bought my Blackberry, plugged it into my computer and installed the desktop manager. I had many updates so I pressed okay and now it's in the process, but it has been on the 3rd task (out of 11) for quite a while, I'm not sure if it's supposed to take this long or if it's just frozen or messed up on my computer. anyone know?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: The upgrade/update that I'm getting from my desktop manager is taking a long time, I'm not sure if it's normal or if it's frozen?

It can take a while....Just leave it be.  If it goes more than 30-45 minutes then it might be time to take some other action.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: The upgrade/update that I'm getting from my desktop manager is taking a long time, I'm not sure if it's normal or if it's frozen?

Definately give it more time as mentioned.

Does it say what this third task is?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

it doesn't, actually something just popped up and said there was an error. i clicked retry, and it's going pretty quickly now, i think it's okay.

okay nevermind, it stopped again. argh. what should i do if it's taking a crazy amount of time? close the update program? unplug my phone? i dont want to screw anything up..

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

susanbahaduri wrote:

okay nevermind, it stopped again. argh. what should i do if it's taking a crazy amount of time? close the update program? unplug my phone? i dont want to screw anything up..

Susan, where are you on this now?

I would first suggest to click cancel if possible. If not, unplug the device from the USB.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9000
My Carrier: no

[ Edited ]

I cannot remember when any update was successful it always takes a long time and after 3 hrs it just seems to freeze.