Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Bell

Themes Changed and won't change back

So I am still learning to use this phone... 

I can't switch my theme back to what it was when I originally got the BB used. (its a 2008 Curve from Bell)

It changed when I was trying (and failing) to connect my email to the phone.  I changed the security options for applications from default to restrictive, and was asked to restart my BB (which apparently isnt the same thing as turning it off and on).  

When I restarted it the displays were COMPLETELY foreign to me.  None of the items I had on my home page were there anymore.  

I can go into options -> Themes and I have a choice of 5 themes.

The theme it had switched to was "Bell" theme (oh yay).  The other options are BB Dimension Icon, BB Dimension L, BB dimension Today, and BB dimension Zen.  

NONE of these is the theme it was on before.  It seems my background picture is gone too.. 

To describe the theme from before: It looks a lot like zen, but has the "icons" on the bottom instead of on the side.  

Where did my theme go?  Why did it change in the first place?  How can I get it back? 

My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Themes Changed and won't change back

I think the themes changed because it was the first time I went online. 

Turns out the default theme was one someone had previously downloaded. 

Turns out it was in the list of themes.  I did not realize I could scroll down. 

The text is still different but I bet I can figure it out. 

SOLVED.