Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Themes for 8320 Titanium Curve

I still cant seem to download Themes to my device. I have tried linking to my PC, i have tried Over The Air methods. Nothing seems to work, I am trying to download several Themes from Blackberrythemes.net. Please help.
Regular Contributor
My Device: 8310

Re: Themes for 8320 Titanium Curve

What is happening? What errors are you getting?
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

It is like the file is in the wrong format, when i click to add or open it the default prompt is for .alx, or .ali formatted files, and the themes are nowhere to bt found in either of those forms. So then i click all files and they show up, but then I am getting a xml syntax error when i try to load it through applcation loader. When i try to load it directly from the site to my device it propmts"  The item you selected cannot be displayed. Do you wish to save the item?" Yes or No. If i click yes i have to save it to my media card. when i click no the error is " Unsupported media type: application/x-zip-compressed." Please help.
Regular Contributor
My Device: 8310

If you download them to a PC you will look for an .alx file and a .cod file they both need to be in the folder you navigate to from the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software. You select the .cod file and it references the .alx file. If you find a site that has OTA (over the air) downloads (the ones I seen on that site were not) then you can do those from your blackberry browser. www.pinstack.com has a lot of good free user created BlackBerry themes.