Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520
My Carrier: ThGSM

They disappeared???!!

I own a BlackBerry Curve 8520.
I bought it this May, and it has been working perfectly fine.
But yesterday, I'm not sure what happened, but a few apps disappeared.
the ones that disappeared are:

-BlackBerry Messenger
-BlackBerry Maps
-BlackBerry App world
-BlackBerry Application Center

The Show All option is on, my application list says they're there, and when I connect it to the PC, it says that i have those apps installed.

I tried BBM-ing myself using my friend's BlackBerry, and it definitely sends the message;it says delivered. But I can't see it, because I can't open BBM. It hasn't deleted, because my friends can still message me. Everything else is working perfectly fine. What could be wrong?

I also have an additional question.
I downloaded the newest OS from the BlackBerry website and ran the program, but when I open the Blackberry PC thing, it doesn't update. Why?

Also, I don't think my carrier is relevant to this question...so please don't ask me?

If YOU think it's relevant however, I guess I'll post it...DTAC THGSM

Thanks in advance...i guess

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: They disappeared???!!

Well, carrier is indeed relevant.  Why is it such a secret? 

Follow the instructions (exactly) in the first post of this thread.  Pay no attention to the carrier you are downloading the OS from...it makes no difference.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8500-series-discussion-gemini/227461-latest-os-8520-5-0-0-11...

Then simply reinstall those apps after the upgrade.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Thanks for the website and the directions...and it worked!!

at least.. I can bbm again~

but

I still don't have the App world and Application update and Maps...stuff

Same things as before, the application list says they're there...

I wonder why...

and i might be being annoying, but what is

'unlocking' your blackberry?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Just download those apps again, i.e. from www.blackberry con/appworld as sometimes the icons disappear after an update.

Unlocking allows your device to be used on another network, with another sim card.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

oh my goodness thank you...i will try that...XDDD