Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: China Mobile

Third-party software cannot connect to Internet sometime

hi,

i have a 9000(os 5), a 8900(os 5) and a 9900(os 7), all without BIS, and all of them have a same problem: after a uncertain time all third-party software fail to connect to edge or wifi network. Only the native browser can access to internet. Reboot can solve the problem but it came back after a while.
i'm in China, and a lot of chinese user have the same problem. Is there a offical solution for this? 

thanks however.

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Third-party software cannot connect to Internet sometime

Does all the devices subscribed BlackBerry data plan? Are you getting edge/EDGE/3G??

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

no i didn"t buy the Blackberry data plan, just using normal edge service.(so it"s edge not EDGE on the screen)

and i'm not using 3G.

this problem is quite annoying, hope it can be solved soon, thanks.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hello jackjinke,

In order to enjoy services you must have Blackberry data plan even for third - party soft. however you can use the native browser it does not need BB data plan, I wonder how you are able to get this ( third party softwares ) sometime. please have a BB plan to enjoy all these services. 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

you mean i can't even use normal edge and wifi normally without a Blackberry data plan?
so can I say that you guys are forcing us to buy a data plan? to be honest, Blackberry data plans are very expensive in China.

i like blackberry. i hope there's a proper answer for us chinese users.

Elite II

hello jackjinke,

First you have to note that no one here is forcing anyone to buy any data plans from anyone,here in this forum everyone is a user of the same device ( blackberry ),here in this forum everyone try to help each other by mean of this forum and as far as they know.

In our country ( India ) also blackberry Plans are expensive,that is why some user get frustrated when they did'nt get the desired speed even after paying so much money, Secondly yes you can enjoy normal internet and wifi through your device browser without any blackberry data plans.

Take Care.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

sorry that i was some kind of rude before...i'm really angry about  this problem (it has lasted 2 years,in OS 5,6 and 7 and never been solved).

Thanks for your fast reply However i hope that RIM can really solve current system bugs like this,not only focus on new systems.

Elite II

Hello jackjinke, its alright and I wish your problem solves in coming days. Take care.