Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: This application is not available on your device... or missing apps or blank free apps page

hoopeskm wrote:

It doesn't exactly say that...it says "this application is not available from Blackberry App World". !!!! This after it sends me a message saying an upgrade is availble for free! So, on my Verizon Curve, it won't download Livestrong Calorie Tracker, Bubblebreaker and My Tasks. I'm sorta ticked about this...i thought maybe if I uninstalled an app, I could go back and download/reinstall the app, so I uninstalled Livestrong Calorie Tracker and now I can't get it back. I PAID for this app and now I don't have it! What do I do?

Who do I call?

Hi there!

To re-install your apps, please follow this section of the AppWorld user guide:

For more registration key information, see this KB:

In some cases, it has been discovered that updates (from AppWorld obtained apps) require additional steps in order to install the update. If the update will not install, please attempt this:

1. Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Applications > highlight the app > blackberry_logo.jpg > Delete
  2. AppWorld > MyWorld > Login > highlight the app (if it shows at all, in any state) > blackberry_logo.jpg > Delete
  3. Use either your PC (via Mass Storage Mode) or your BB (via Media > blackberry_logo.jpg > Explore) and find any references (folders, files) to the app. Delete whatever you find. Search both your Device Memory as well as your Media Card.
  4. Use the above AppWorld user guide link to re-install the app -- a new registration/activation key should then be provided

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: This application is not available on your device... or missing apps or blank free apps page

Bold 9650

Sprint -- with an everything data and 1500 voice mins

1) all app downloads except Ibeart radio failed with notice that application not available on device.

2) apps tired wwere golf channel, weather channel, shazaam, swing (?) (a Golf GPS rangefinder)

Any thoughts on how long oit takes BBApp World to recognize a new device? Seems this issue should not happen as while the devcie is new the OS is not new and little on the devcie has changed from the 9630. Thx for any ideas.

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

i just got the 9650 this week on sprint and im getting the message for ebay , ups, paypal. cisco speedtest ,  

My Device: storm 2 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

In Blackberry app world there are 155 listings for Finacial services,  In my new, updated, Verizon 9550 there are only 100 listed apps.   I need an App called   DailyFinance, It is listed as open to all providers.  Why can I not get it listed in my phones app world for download. I have gone online, sent the link to my phone, once I open the mail and click on, open this app in your blackberry app world,   nothing will happen.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

MSettlemire wrote:

In Blackberry app world there are 155 listings for Finacial services,  In my new, updated, Verizon 9550 there are only 100 listed apps.   I need an App called   DailyFinance, It is listed as open to all providers.  Why can I not get it listed in my phones app world for download. I have gone online, sent the link to my phone, once I open the mail and click on, open this app in your blackberry app world,   nothing will happen.

hello,

it means that 55 applications were available for your previous device but not for your new 9550. Why ? Ask the editor, they just need to upload to AppWorld a new version of their application.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

i really need appsworld application on my curve 8520..  Iam in Nigeria and it keeps telling me phone not compatible.... help neede pls!!!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

blaz55 wrote:

i really need appsworld application on my curve 8520..  Iam in Nigeria and it keeps telling me phone not compatible.... help neede pls!!!

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Please check this page to ensure you meet the minimum requirements (including if it is available in your country):

If it is available in your country and you feel you meet the device-level system requirements, then contact your carrier to ensure that you meet the service plan (from them) requirements for access (via their network) to AppWorld.

Lastly, do be aware that AppWorld is merely a portal, vending apps developed mainly by others. As such, it is not your exclusive procurement source -- there are others that you can try (e.g., Handango, Handmark, BPlay, GetJAR or Mobihand). I have found that there are very few apps that are exclusive to AppWorld. You can search the on-line catalog and then search out other procurement sources, including quite often the developer website itself.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

When attempting to perform the advertised upgrade of MLB.com At Bat 2010 from version 1.1.1 to version 1.1.3, I get the  error "MLB.com At Bat 2010 is not available for download from App World."

My World shows the upgrade is available.  If I delete, will I be able to upgrade?  or install?

Have no idea about any license key.

thanks,

Don

Hall of Famer III

DonAndrews wrote:

When attempting to perform the advertised upgrade of MLB.com At Bat 2010 from version 1.1.1 to version 1.1.3, I get the  error "MLB.com At Bat 2010 is not available for download from App World."

My World shows the upgrade is available.  If I delete, will I be able to upgrade?  or install?

Have no idea about any license key.

thanks,

Don

The process laid out several posts above is the only one that I know of that might get around what you describe. I've no idea if it will work in your case or not...truly, no one can know without trying. Everything is at your own risk.

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9700

Hi,

I have a Blackberry bold 9700, version 5.0.0.593 from t-mobile.

I had appworld on my phone and managed to download stuff until I upgraded to version 1.1.0.35. Now when it is downloaded it wont appear on my menu screen where it used to be and I can't use it. If I try and download it again t just says it already exists do I want to replace. Even when I do this it won't appear

Emma