Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

This is a Wi-Fi service - how to get rid of this message?

Hello? I am trying to open a link sent to me via SMS and I can't. My blackberry shows me the following message if I click the link: "This is a Wi-Fi service. Please ensure your device has an active Wi-Fi connection and try again". The truth is that I have my mobile operator subscription that allows me to access internet via mobile network. My internet connection works from the broswer (without any Wi-Fi). But when I try to copy paste link into the address field of the browser I receive this annoying message about Wi-Fi. What should I do in order to be able to click the links sent to me via SMS get access to internet using my usual internet subcription with mobile service provider?
Super Contributor
My Device: BB 8220 & BB 8900

Re: This is a Wi-Fi service - how to get rid of this message?

Welcome to the forum Rustam, The reason you are getting this message is your browser is set to hotspot browser and you are trying to connect over the mobile network. In browser options > general properties > default browser > set to internet browser.

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Unlocked

I am having the exact same trouble and it's driving me insane!!

It's alright when I am at home and can connect to my wi-fi at home but when I am away from home I cannot connect to the internet !!

It was working fine for me when I first got the phone (aprrox 2 weeks ago) the phone ran out of battery when I was away on the weekend and when I turned it back on it kept coming up with this message.

I tried to change my default browser but it wont, it just comes up with a black box around the word "hotspot browser" - as if there is no more options and doesn't let me change it.

I got the phone from AT&T ...

HELP!

My Device: blackberry curve
My Carrier: orange

i have the exact same problem it doesn't come up with internet browser it only comes up with hotspot browser which is really annoying because i am paying for the internet on it