Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Thoughts and appreciation regarding the Q20

I was over the moon when the Q20 was announced.  I'd just like to express my appreciation to Mr. Chen and Blackberry for finally listening to their customers and giving us what we need.  I would like to make a few suggestions regarding the Q20s final design.  It would be wonderful if we could unlock the keyboard by holding down A like in the old days.  If there are concerns about it happening accidentally then the shortcut could be A and DEL long-pressed together.  I also hope that OS 10 is optimized for the "tool belt" and not so dependent upon the peculiar and touchy gestures.  Another thing I would dearly love to see is a proper "today" screen like other mobile platforms enjoy with new messages, upcoming appointments and recent calls displayed up top with the essential app buttons underneath (i.e. messaging, contacts, calendar, all apps).  Finally, a nice optional UI feature that could be included if its not already in OS 10 is vertical wrap on menus.  Pulling against the "bounceback" effect (i.e. stretching the "rubber band") for more a second or so before releasing could instantly flip you to the other end of the menu.  I don't think anyone has thought of this on other platforms.

The image of a possible Q20 or Q30 that's been circulating for a while seems pretty nice to me - the generous vertical screen size is quite welcome, although I would prefer an all black body rather than a gunmetal "chin" at the bottom (but I'll never complain if this phone is done right, LOL).  I'm also worried that the function buttons might be touch-based rather than physical.  Putting capacative buttons right beside the trackpad might be a bad idea..they'd be getting accidentally hit frequently.  Another thought: this site could use forums for suggestions and other general posts such as this. I don't see anything but product-specific support areas.  Thanks again for restoring hope to us old-time BB productivity fans Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Passport Black
My Carrier: du

Re: Thoughts and appreciation regarding the Q20

Totally Agree with bleakberry! The Q20 if done right is what will restore confidence back in Blackberry...

I strongly believe that the thread titled "Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900" is one of the reasons blackberry changed course to head in the right direction...

---