Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Time delay in receiving emails

I'm very new at this so be nice.  I'm receiving e-mails in my Outlook inbox about 10-15 minutes earlier than on my Balckberry.  Is that normal?

Thanks, Hank

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Time delay in receiving emails

Is your BlackBerry setup for BIS (personal email) or BES (corporate email)? Usually with BIS accounts there is a delay. With a BES connection it's almost instantaneous.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
My Device: Not Specified

That must be it,  I have it for personal email.

Thanks, Hank

Super Contributor
My Device: Q10 OS 10.1, PlayBook (WiFi 64 Gig)

This is normal for POP email.  However, I get near BES performance from my Yahoo! Plus email ($25/year) account.

Also, if you set up Gmail as an IMAP account, you should not only get your mail quicker, but you'll also get reconciliation (reads are reflected on both your BlackBerry and Gmail account).

First, if you've already set up your Gmail account as a POP account, delete it from your BlackBerry setup - either through the BIS site or through your BlackBerry's (Personal) Email Setup. 

Now, set up Gmail as an IMAP account.  First go into the Settings for your Gmail account, and select Forwarding and POP/IMAP.  Make sure POP is disabled, and IMAP is enabled.

Now, go back to your BlackBerry's email setup and follow the instructions here.

Jerry
My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: Verizon

How Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) Works:

Blackberrys servers will monitor the amount of email you receive each day.  If you receive a ton of emails a day it will check for new mail every minute so you will receive your emails automatically ...

If you only receive a few emails a day they will make the time interval longer to pull new emails.

If you are using a yahoo, gmail, or blackberry.net email account it will pull new emails every minute regardless of your email frequency.

Here's the work around:

Setup your work email account to forward all mail to either a yahoo, gmail, or blackberry.net email account.

Setup the yahoo, gmail or blackberry email account on your phone.  Do this through there website because there are more options available for setup.

In the account settings ... change the Reply To field to your work email address.

Now your emails will be coming into to your work email address then forwarded on to your email address configured to your phone... and when you reply to that email address it will look like the reply is coming from your work email address.

- Joe