Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Timezone - Eniwetok Reset

Hello,

My phone is constantly resetting itself to the Eniwetok timzeone and since it was on automatic update of timezone I switched it to manual and selected my EST option.

Alas, that still does not work, at random the phone will automatically - by itself - switch to the Eniwetok timezone.

I don't know what to say here or ask except do you think that my phone has a ghost in it? lol  I don't see how this should be happening at all when all the options are set to manual!

Please help!

My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Timezone - Eniwetok Reset

I get exactly the same thing.  I am in an EST time zone.  Our IT team at the office cannot find the problem.  And now my 9780 won't sync at all.  The desktop software says the device cannot connect to the desktop software.  I have changed cables, re-installed the desktop software about 6 times.  I can find no solution.

Any suggestions?

Where is Eniwetok anyway?

have you been able to solve this yet?  if so, how?

New Contributor

Unfortunately no, my phone still flips over to this timezone and have not seen a pattern of when it does this to even begin to figure out what is causing it.

I have figured out the pattern for the re-set, but not the solution.  It appears to occur only when I connect to the Desktop Software via USB cable.  I have manually re-set to EST, gone away from my desktop for 5 days to a different time zone, and no re-set to Eniwetok, just automatic re-set to the new time zone I was in.  Upon my return to my desktop and connection to it, bingo, it re-set the time to Eniwetok.

Now to figure out why my desktop causes this?

New Contributor

Yes, I have also noticed this pattern as well.  I tried looking through the options to see if I could find anything, and I could not.

My Device: na
My Carrier: swisscom

This seems a bug in the Blackberry Desktop Software.

Uncheck "Device --> Device options --> Synchronise date and time" in the software.

Highlighted
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Telus

I googled Eniwetok just to find out where it was and discovered this thread...have the same problem whenever I sync or backup to desktop....did as suggested and "unchecking" does the trick....thank you!