Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T Mobile

Tmobile Error 513 then 507

Hi I just got this phone a few months ago through tmobile and it worked fine until what i think is i used the tmobile browser for the first time and not the BB browser.  Regardless how, it locked, told me to enter my password, it didn't work.  I know my password but after 5 tries it didn't let me on and erased it.  But when i retry to start it, it comes up with Reload Software 513.

That was 2 days ago, since then I've down a lot research and tried what i thought needed.  downloaded latest OP, from tmobile and device manager.  went into app loader, deleted file, ran loader, with phone unplugged and no battery, logged on when it caught the signal, put battery in, and added what files i would like to install.  So then while the Updating device screen runs, it gets through Load JVM and System Software, then to Wait for Device initalization.  It stops loading here and says Application Loader was unable to connect to your device.  Please re-connect your device.  Retry?Can't get any farther.

If I try with the battery in, this is when it said Reload Software 507 on the phone.  Looked that up, something about a steady power connection to the USB.  Made sure that doesn't turn off.  Changed that.  If the battery is in, it goes to the white screen 507.  no battery nothing happens.

Does anyone have any light to shed on this, I'm baffled and frustrated.  Thank you so so much. Smiley Happy

Bill

Super Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 v6.0.0.576
My Carrier: Orange UK

Re: Tmobile Error 513 then 507

You need to reload the OS again on your phone.

You said you have installed the os on your pc, which makes the work simpler. This is a safe and easy way of how to reinstall os on your phone. Follow the following steps:

1) connect your phone with your battery inserted and powered on showing the error 507 screen.
2) if you are using windows, go to Devices or Devices or Printers if yu are using windows 7. You should find your BlackBerry phone there.
3) Right click and Remove/Delete and also tick to remove driver if asked.
4) disconnect your phone and start Desktop manager.
5) connect your phone without the battery
6) you will be asked to install the software and you are familiar with this process.

The os will be installed and you're phone should be working as new.

Post your results here.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
Install this on your phone, it helps: http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/protect/

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.
Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Super Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 v6.0.0.576
My Carrier: Orange UK

Devices OR Devices and Printers are in Control Panel in all versions of windows.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
Install this on your phone, it helps: http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/protect/

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.
Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Super Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9810, 9860, 9900, 9800, 9780 and 4xBB other models
My Carrier: BESx2/BISx3

I can suggest the following, please download firmware for your BB and install it.

Then go to  "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader"  and delete Vendor.xls, Then open Desktop Manager wait until its loaded, connect your phone to PC, you will see message that phone is damaged and needed to update firmware - Go ahead. If you do all correct  your device become a live :smileyhappy:. Good Luck. And remmeber that what you do you do on own risk.

also here other way

TMOBILE BRANDED PHONES ONLY

After the install update file do the steps below (NOTE: only applies to Tmobile branded phones)

C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/Shared/Loader Files/9700M_OS6/Java  then locate and delete;

1.net_rim_theme_tmobile_BlackBerry6_480x360_b.cod
  &

2.net_rim_theme_tmobileeu_BlackBerry6_480x360_b.cod

STEP 2:

Go To

C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/Application loader and delete the vendor.xml or simply vendor file.

STEP 3:

Plug your phone in via usb and in command promt make current loacation to C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/Application loader, type the loader.exe /NOJVM (might show up as app loader.exe) and complete the install and voila. You should now have OS6 running (DO NOT USE DESKTOP MANAGER)

Be sure to click Likes! for those who have helped you.

If your query is resolved then please click on “Accept as Solution”.

New Contributor

Thanks i've given up but this looks like something new, slight problem though.  i can't find devices in the control panel.  I'm running XP so idk i can't seem to find it.  It looks promising though cause i've tried everything else

Highlighted
New Contributor

ok i found the device manager, but nothing about  a blackberry.  did find an 'unknown RIM device'.  but i'm afraid it seems like it's something on the blackberry at the moment so i didn't think it's worth another failed attempt at installing again