Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Vodafone

To Change User Name(My e-mail ID) and Password of my Blackberry ID

Sir,

My old Torch 9800 was stolen. So I bought a new Torch 9860. I had not read about Blackberry Protect on the first phone seriously and hence was not aware about all the support I could get in locating my lost phone. In haste, I registered my new phone 9860 on the same e-mail id as the old one with the same password. I recd. a mail from Blackberry that I could use any one of the phonesat one time to receive e-mails. Hence, though my old stolen phone 9800 is registered I cannot acess it thru' BB Protect as it logs on to my new phone. If only I had used another e-mail and password to register my new phone's BB ID, I could have used BB Protect for locating or accessing my old phone. Please show me a way to reset my new Torch 9860 using a different e-mail i so that my earlier e-mail ID stays with my old phone.

Regards,

Ashish Deodhekar

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: To Change User Name(My e-mail ID) and Password of my Blackberry ID

The only way to reset the BBID on your new device would be to do a security wipe of the device. And then create a new BlackBerry id.
Regards,

Nick

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Don't worry about getting a new BlackBerry ID.  If you registered it on your new device, everything associated with it will go to your new device.  Once you've registered it with your new device, BlackBerry Protect will see that you have two phones with the same BlackBerry ID and will ask which one(s) you want Protect to access.

As for email accounts on your new phone, from your new device's browser type in www.blackberry.com/integrate and enter the user/pass combo you've been using on your old phone and now your new one.  Once you set up your email account(s) on your new device using that link, all emails will come to your new phone and your old one will be nothing more than a memory.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 8520
My Carrier: mtn

I want to change my user name(my email ID) and password of my blackberry ID and becouse off this i cant download

anything so please help me agently.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 8520
My Carrier: mtn

[ Edited ]

I want to change my blackberry user name(my e-mail ID) and password of my blackberry ID.please help me a gently.

Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

sechaba2012 wrote :

I want to change my blackberry user name(my e-mail ID) and password of my blackberry ID.

Hello sechaba2012 

Welcome,

In order to change your email associated with your BlackBerry ID you had to perform a security wipe.Performing the security wipe will result in loss of stored data on the BlackBerry smartphone.So  Prior to performing any security wipe of the BlackBerry smartphone, create a full backup of the device data.

KB26694 : How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry Smartphone.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
My Device: Black berry torch
My Carrier: airtel

My Device: Black berry torch
My Carrier: airtel

I have forgotten my password.please issue new password

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Mohandeepak wrote:

I have forgotten my password.please issue new password

Hello Mohandeepak

Is it BlackBerry ID password ? If it is then refer to this Knowledge Base to reset your BlackBerry ID password :

KB26361  :How to change or reset a BlackBerry ID password.