Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Today Plus Theme, No Longer on mobile.blackberry...

I recently had to get a new 8100 as my old one was broken. I didn't have anything backed up other than SIM contacts so I'm starting from scratch as my SD card appears to be damaged too. I used a Today Plus theme on my prior 8100 that I downloaded from mobile.blackberry.com OTA. It appears that this site has been updated and I can no longer download this theme.

I've scoured the web to find this theme and the closest I found was a link to an OTA download on mobile.blackberry that was a "Dimension Today Plus" theme. I had to edit the link slightly to get the correct resolution for my 8100 but was able to download this theme.

This is not the 'Today Plus' theme that I need though. The one I had previous had the pop-up icons on the bottom, allowed me to select the profiles indicator on the desktop, and also displayed all my messages on the desktop (including messenger conversations). I think it may have been 'Today Plus Zen' or something along those lines. I cannot find this theme anywhere and can't imagine RIM would remove this completely. Is there anyone that can give me a link to a direct OTA download or somewhere else I can get this theme?

I really would like to get this theme again as it increased the usefulness of my 8100 and helped me get the most out of my Blackberry. Thanks! Robot Happy 

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Today Plus Theme, No Longer on mobile.blackberry...

I guess you're talking about BB Dimension Today Plus theme. This is my favorite as well. I too lost it after wiping my handheld and somehow managed from the web. If you want to collect it let me know your mail ID so that I can send it to you.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

No it's not the "Dimension Today Plus" one. That one has the pop-up icons on the right hand side. This one is just simply called "Today Plus" and has the icons on the bottom. I eventually found it via Googling as an OTA download @ this location http://mobile.blackberry.com/resources/theme_catalog/themes/TodayPlus_240x260.jad   

If someone from RIM reads this, please bring these Today Plus themes back for easy download. They are easily the best themes available and I'm sure lots of other people would appreciate easy access to them. Smiley Happy

I still can't figure out why my BB-Messenger conversations won't show up under 'messages' on the main screen. I have them enabled via that application to show up... hmm. 

Visitor

I thought the same thing. But found that the themes that you have access to are dependant on the software revision of your BB. 8100 V4.2.0 lets you access all the themes, V4.2.1 lets you access 5 themes and my 8120 4.3.0 can only see one theme. So if you want to download today+ downgrade your OS then upgrade again to the latest version, it works just fine

I too lost this theme when I wiped my BB. The link doesn't work anymore though - I get a 404 error: file not found. Any other suggestions? I really miss this theme...was the most useful for my needs.

Highlighted
New Contributor

How does one install this theme

Many thanks inanticipation

I am looking for this theme too. Lost it during an upgrade to 4.2.1. Can it please be made available in the themes section on the BB page again?

I also lost Texas Hold'em Kings 2 and now it looks like they want moneu for it.