Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha C, Playbook 32 GB
My Carrier: BleskMobil

Too many PIN changes - please reset my counter !!!!

[ Edited ]

Hello, 

I just got new Z10 and when I visit BB World then it says:

You have reached then maximum number of PIN changes for this account. 

Could you please reset this counter? I'm developer so I had multiple devices in the past (and I don't have majority of them anymore). 

PINs I'm actively using:

all other may be invalidated.

My BlackBerry ID is

Thanks

Tom

Edit: PINS & E-Mail removed. At no time should you provide any personal information to any other community member. Please review the Community Terms & Conditions and Support Community Guidelines for additional information.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- My Blackberry 10 app at http://blackberry.hubalek.net
-- My Android apps at http://android.hubalek.net
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Too many PIN changes - please reset my counter !!!!

Hello,

Please note that this site is not, and has never been, a channel for any formal communications with BlackBerry for any purpose whatsoever. Refer to this information, posted at the top of nearly every page on this site:

BSCF User Comm.JPG

Rather, refer:

• KB25553 "There are too many PIN changes associated with this account (Error ID: 30801)" is encountered when attempting to login to BlackBerry World

Or, you might be better to try your dedicated Vendor Portal (if such is available for this type of request -- not being a developer, I've no idea).

Please also note that you revealed many private details in your, post...hopefully the nefarious data miners have not already captured and sold your information (which the mods will redact ASAP).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Developer

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I don't understand who to contact.

I

1) sent email to help@blackberry.com - no response

2) tried to call my carrier. They have no idea how to help me as BlackBerry is very rare brand in Czech Republic

3) tried to submit ticket on BlackBerry website - no response

I'm desperate as I got new Z10 Developer Edition and it is quite useless without BlackBerry World (I need to test my apps from there)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

[ Edited ]

Note the "Resolution" section of the KB I provided to you above:

• "If the maximum number of device changes has been reached in error, contact the service provider from which the smartphone was purchased for assistance."

I don't know where you obtained your BB, but that's where you seek formal support for this.

thubalek wrote:

1) sent email to help@blackberry.com - no response

That's because, contractually, BlackBerry can provide no front line support for anything.

thubalek wrote:

2) tried to call my carrier. They have no idea how to help me as BlackBerry is very rare brand in Czech Republic

If they are a proper BB-supporting carrier, then they definitely have formal escalation procedures to forward things up to BlackBerry. Perhaps the agent you spoke to is just not well trained?

thubalek wrote:

3) tried to submit ticket on BlackBerry website - no response

"BlackBerry website" is an awfully large place...I have no way to know what you actually did there. Nevertheless, what I said earlier still governs...BlackBerry can provide no front line support for anything, for that is contractually the responsibility of others (carriers, authorized resellers, authorized service centers).

thubalek wrote:

I'm desperate as I got new Z10 Developer Edition and it is quite useless without BlackBerry World (I need to test my apps from there)

Surely you have a developer channel for communication with BlackBerry, do you not? Your dedicated Vendor Support Portal, perhaps?

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Developer

I got my BlackBerry directly from BlackBerry, so BlackBerry is my vendor. No carrier nor operator.

Regarding communication channels: I have multiple but none of them has access to BlackBerry World. They can help me with technical things but not with BlackBerry World. I posted here according their suggestion.
Hall of Famer III

thubalek wrote:
I got my BlackBerry directly from BlackBerry, so BlackBerry is my vendor. No carrier nor operator.

At that time, you should have also been provided some support information. I know that when I received my Z10 in January (at the NYC launch), I received a business card with support contact information (before you ask...no, I cannot share that with you). You should have received something similar. If you did not, then you need to reach out to whoever your actual BB contact person is that arranged you to receive your device, and ask them what your support channel is.

thubalek wrote:
 I posted here according their suggestion.

Whoever gave you that advice was mistaken...this site is not, and has never been, a channel for any formal communications with, support from, nor escalation to BlackBerry for any purpose whatsoever.

Good luck!

New Contributor
My Device: bb 9780
My Carrier: student

[ Edited ]

I just got new Z10 and when I visit BB World then it says:

You have reached then maximum number of PIN changes for this account. 

Could you please reset this counter that developed
My blackberry I'd is **removed**

Edit: E-Mail removed. At no time should you provide any personal information to any other community member. Please review the Community Terms & Conditions and Support Community Guidelines for additional information.

Developer

They will not help you on this forum. Submit ticket at https://www.blackberry.com/CSOHelp/index.do?ft=generic, it helped me.