Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Too many password attempts wiped my phone clean

The password protect was set on my phone and I forgot the password. After the 9th attempt I received a message saying "Final attempt". I assumed that the mos that would happen was my phone would be locked and I'd have to call the cell phone carrier to re-set it.  Well apparently I was wrong. After the 10th wrong password I received a "wiping" screen with a progress bar. No matter what I did, I couldnt cancel it. My phone then shut itself off and when I re-started it, it is though I just took it out of the box. My contacts, everything are GONE....is their any way to get this data back?

I didnt have the back up software installed on my computer because when I tried to my computer acted as though it wasnt even there.

Please tell me there is some WAY to get this back!!!

Thanks!

Sarah

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Too many password attempts wiped my phone clean

if you forget your password, by default it gives you 10 attempts then it erases EVERYTHING, goes back to the way it came out of the box the first day.

it is an anti-theft feature

if you made a backup, u can restore a backup

if you have ever synced with outlook you can sync it back

everything gets done through DTM(desktopmanager)

Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

WelcSmiley Happyme to the suppSmiley Happyrt fSmiley Happyrums

My phone wiped before for a different reason, but like Drizz said, BACK UPS are so important.  Do you have desktop manager and did you back up your BlackBerry to the computer? 

You can then connect it and click BACKUP / RESTORE and click restore  - find the date you last backed up - and restore. 

all your information will be returned.  If you have not done that - it is history. 

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
My Device: Not Specified

There is no way to recover the contacts if the phone is wiped except if all the contacts are in outlook or a similar program. If you do then you can sync with it to get you contacts back but that is the only way that i am aware of unless your carrier has an online backup but i doubt it.