Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: O2

Torch 9800 BBM problem.

Hi, I am experiencing promlems with my phone as it will not let me send out friend requests. I am connected to the network and I have data access. What should I do?
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Torch 9800 BBM problem.

Please elaborate on what you mean by "not let me send out friend requests".  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Every time i go to invite someone to my contacts list it doesn't send out my request
New Contributor

Every time i go to invite someone to my contacts list it doesn't send out my request
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Unfortunately with BBM, there usually isn't one issue you can correct instantly to solve the problem; it could be a problem with your BBM itself, it could be that your BIS is not configured properly, your carrier could be having issues with its network, etc.

All I can do is give you some generic answers in hopes that one of them will correct the issue.  The first thing to do is to make sure your BIS is set up properly.  Send yourself an email to an address you have set up on your phone.  If that goes through without incident, we can move on to step 2.

Next, I recommend uninstalling your BBM and reinstalling it.  To do this, on your homescreen go to Options>Applications or Options>Device>Application Management, depending on which OS your phone is running.  Find it in the list, highlight it with your cursor, press the menu key and select Delete.  Reboot your phone then reinstall it.  You can do this through BlackBerry Desktop Software, through App World or from your phone's browser at www.blackberry.com/messenger .  Once it's been reinstalled, try sending BBM requests again.

I hope that helps you.  Please post back with your results.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

My Device: 9800
My Carrier: att

same too lot of problem