Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Torch 9800 Camera Application Issue

I've had my Torch 9800 for almost 2 years and suddenly the camera is not working.  When clicking on the camera icon, it goes to the page but the screen stays black and after a minute or so and error message appears that says that the camera application failed to open.  Please close all other applications and try again.  I receive the same error message when attempting to use the video camera.  I updated the software as directed by my wireless provider but that didn't solve the problem.  Please help.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Torch 9800 Camera Application Issue

Hello rprim985,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

The following article will assist you regarding regarding the error message you are seeing when using the Camera application on your BlackBerry® Torch™ 9800 smartphone:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15544

We hope this helps.

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

I've done all of the suggested solutions and although the self test did verify that my camera is not working it didn't fix the problem - I didn't really need a verification that it wasn't working - I already knew that.  So, from there I guess I just have to suffer with my blackberry that I can't even speak to someone about my problems (I've already tried contacting RIM and they sent me here).  You would think that a company that is struggling for marketshare would at least make an effort to keep its existing customers satisfied.  I guess I'll just have to start shopping for the latest and greatest smartphone if I want to have camera functionality!  It's too bad that the service is so terrible - prior to this I was happy with my blackberry and might have even considered another one.  Now it looks like I'll be turning into a loyal Apple or Samsung Customer since RIM isn't interested in my business!!!!!

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodacom

Hi,

i hve a blackberry torch 9800. The camera gives me a error "close all apps then try again" i phoned vodacom and four people told me it's software. So i downgraded and it was still there. Then i upgraded and it was still there. So must i have my camera replaced ??? Wats the cost involved ???

i downloaded the software to my pc. Then wiped my phone and installed the software. The camera problem was still present. So i connected my phone to my pc opened blackberry desktop software. Clicked on device, update. Once that was done i got 9800M_PBr6.0.0_rel2949_PL6.6.0.236_A6.0.0.668 installed now. Phone works fine sometimes my calls get cut but the camera still does not work.

Pls help me as to wat soft is the latest and best.

i really love blackberry but this problem is making me angry.
Developer
My Device: Z10, Playbook
My Carrier: Econet

I hope the update is still loaded on your laptop or computer. Download an app called JL_Cmdr and wipe your device. After this install a fresh copy of the system using your dekstop software.

Please make sure you backup all of your data
Twitter: @IAmBenGiey | Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Try my apps:
The Ultimate Currency Converter and T2G - BloGFeed
Highlighted
Developer

Please try to option i posted on this post and give feedback
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Try my apps:
New Contributor

Ben are you on twitter ? i'm hamiltonm74. Follow me if ur user name is @bengiey
Developer

Done, Has the solution above worked though?

Try my apps:
New Contributor

Hi guys. Inc the camera error. i had my phone cecked by a vodashop. They did main board swops and they found out i have water damage on my main board. i spoke to a friend and he says it can be repaired. So i'm holding thumbs. U guys can get me on bbm 2334B4AA