Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Torch 9800 Camera Issue.. RIM please help!!!

as others have had the same issue as mine, i have concluded that there is a serious software issue with os 6. seriously, the camera on the torch does not work!  its weird because the videocamera works

i've tried wiping and reloading the os, formatting the sd card, battery removal reset, setting pictures to be stored on the device rather than the sd card, all the different camera modes, turning off the digital zoom, turning off the autofocus, all the other camera settings, i downloaded a program to turn off auto-rotation, and everything under the sun!!!

the camera is hit and miss. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  it freezes with a black screen sometimes, sometimes it takes a picture and freezes, and it is all together unreliable.

Has anyone found a fix for this??? If not, is RIM doing something about this???

Please help!

Re: Torch 9800 Camera Issue.. RIM please help!!!

I am having the same issue with my Torch. Camera will not take a photo, but the video camera works like a charm. Anyone have a fix?
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 + Playbook > Z10

I have the same issue and this problem is very annoying.  I was on the top of a roof trying to take pictures of a malfuctioning heating unit and couldn't take pictures.  I wanted to throw my torch off the roof. 

This sort of issue is not acceptable as the device is not suitable for it's intended use and raises the issue of warranty of merchantability. 

P4L
New Contributor

Hi All,

I wanted to take a picture of an accident which happend today and thanks to the stupid torch Camera did not take the picture. My torch does not take pictures but the video works!!! I don't get this garbage. I noticed some of you guys have the same problem but honestly this is not acceptable and I am really disappointed with this garbage. You take pictures at moments ... you can't keep rebooting your phone for your camera to work!!!!      DOOOO SOMETHING ABOUT THISSSS GARBAGEEEEEEEEE

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: rogers

I have exactly the same problem with my torch. Just got it for a few day. The videocamera is working but can not take the picture.

Does anyone have the solution for that?Smiley Mad

Contributor

I have the same problem also, please let me know if there is a Fix. 

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone Egypt

I don't have the same issue but the camera is not very good for taking shoots, and there is similar 5 mg pixels for another mobiles with more better image.
Contributor

PLEASE EVERYONE WITH THIS ISSUE (AND I KNOW THERE ARE THOUSANDS) REPLY TO THIS POST!! HOPEFULLY RIM WILL TAKE NOTICE AND ISSUE A SOFTWARE FIX
Regular Contributor
My Device: .
My Carrier: .

I highly doubt that seeing this is a user-to-user community forum. Everyone here is pretty much on a voluntary basis. You'll have to forward this issue to tech support.

http://us.blackberry.com/contact/

Jakoby4204                                                                                                 New to the Community click here  
Community Moderator
Likes2.png  AS3.png   CG2.png
New Contributor
My Device: TORCH 9800
My Carrier: VODAFONE

I have the similar problem with camera taking pictures but not show on preview ??

The same with video camera. It takes the video but not show and trying the find it again on the camera. However, it shows them as save files on media card??