Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Torch 9800 Camera Issue.. RIM please help!!!

I have a 32gig class 2 card and it takes a moment for the camera to function at high res settings.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Interestingly, I only have issues with the camera when I have the NBA 2010 Lite app installed,  When I do, the shutter will not engage,  If I uninstall the app and let the device reboot, the camera will work again.  This has been the same on two different phones; the support guy at the walk in support at the local AT&T store originally figured it out.  Support from the app folks have been no help.

New Contributor

I'm having similar issues. 90% of the time I go to use the camera it won't load, or it will take a picture and it will freeze and stay that way until I restart it. The video camera works flawlessly.  I have already done updates, rest the phone, wiped and reinstalled and it still the same issue. I've had the issue from the very first use of the camera and haven't been able to get any support! I love BlackBerry and I really do love everything else about the Torch it's just really disappointing because half the reason I switched to the Torch was to have a slightly better camera. 

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

I've had same problem. Changed autofocus option from continuous to single shot and everything works now.

New Contributor
My Carrier: ATT

I just got this phone 2 days ago from ATT (I have all the latest updates) and love everything about it EXCEPT for this camera problem!  I have noticed it too and it is very annoying.

After reading this post....I did each suggestion suggested (switched to face detection and turned preview off) and now it works fine for now. THANKS EVERYONE!

I plan to upgrade the media card and I hope that won't reintroduce any problems.

New Contributor

I got an update March 6th that fixed the camera issue but that was after buying a new phone because I was sick of not being able to take pictures. Go figure. lol

New Contributor
My Carrier: ATT

May I ask which version OS you have?
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I am on 448 with out the described camara issue

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I have the same problem on my new Torch.  

I turned on face detection mode and turned off continuous focus (both suggestions I found on the forums) and it seems to take pics now, but we'll see how long that lasts.  

RIM - please post an update and info so that your customers don't have to leap through hoops to get a basic feature to work!

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: hi

the camera of my bb torch is broken i think when i load it it comes with color bars same with videocamera can anyone help me