Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torsch 9800
My Carrier: T-Online

Torch 9800 Ear-Speaker doesn't work since February 26, 2014

Hallo,

since a few days ago, my ear-speaker doesn't work anymore. The headphones work properly and also the 'external' speaker (the one that you can use if you don't want to have the phone close to your ears).

I was already thinking to buy a new one, but then I have spoken to a friend yesterday and he has "exactly" the same problem since February 26, 2014. - and he has the same phone!!

Sometime I believe in coincidences, but not in this case.

I cannot remember having loaded an update, nor I could find an update on the Blackberry page.

Has anyone experienced the same or knows this issue?

I strongly believe its an software issue - however a reboot of the Torch didn't resolve the issue.

Thanks for any input.

Memmser.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Torch 9800 Ear-Speaker doesn't work since February 26, 2014

Go to BlackBerry World on your phone and download BlackBerry Virtual Expert. This is an app that will run some tests on your phone to determine if your components and/or connectivity are working. You'll want to search for 'BBVE' in BlackBerry World.

Once you've downloaded it, click 'Tests' at the bottom then 'Receiver Audio' and see what it says.

If it doesn't pass the test, it could be software related. Before you throw your phone away in anger, try reloading your OS using BlackBerry Desktop Software. Just because a battery pull doesn't correct the issue doesn't mean it's not related to software. Run the test, reload your OS if necessary THEN decide what course of action to take.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

My Device: Torsch 9800
My Carrier: T-Online

Re: Torch 9800 Ear-Speaker doesn't work since February 26, 2014

Hi BillJ,

I installed the Virtual Expert and detected the same problem. Everythingelse works properly.

I would like to follow our advice to re-install the OS from BB Dektop Software. But I cannot find a button or so that allows to re-install the OS. I just can search for updates or install components.

Do I miss anything?

Thx.

Memmser