Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell

Torch 9800 Not turning on/red light blinking

I have Torch 9800 that won't turn on.

I've seen a few other posts on here and it seems this is a common issue, I've tried a few of the fixes suggested but no luck so far.

My 9800 has the latest version of BB OS available (unless there was one released within the last 4 days)

The red light only comes on when charged and goes on and off. When plugged into my PC it disconnects from the PC and then reconnects. Sometimes the charging battery symbol comes on and the blackberry loading screen after but the blackberry loading screen shuts off.

I have tried a new battery and that is not the issue.

I read that you can do an OS reload but my BB is not showing as connected under my connections (the noise indicates a device has been plugged in)

I'm at the end of my rope and need to know what to do !

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Torch 9800 Not turning on/red light blinking

Try following the steps here to reload the software on the device:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

Unfortunately you won't be able to backup the data on your device, but if you had BlackBerry Protect installed, you should be able to get most of your data back.

If you have any problems getting it to connect to the Loader.exe file in Step 2, unplug your phone and remove the battery, then plug the phone back in, and as soon as your PIN shows up, select Next. Don't worry if you miss it, just unplug the phone, plug it back in and try again.

I hope this info helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

Thanks for the info, I'm going to hope for the best and give that a whirl!
New Contributor

So I went through that process, and downloaded all of the appropriate software, unfourtunately, because my device keeps connecting and disconnected from my PC as its plugged in the process gets cancelled everytime. I'm wondering if anyone has experienced something similar or if there is a workaround ? (I can't get past step 2 of the process in the liunk you provided)

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

You still can't get past that point? In that case, download and install a program called BBSAK to your computer. You can get it at http://bbsak.org.

Once it's installed, plug your phone in (with the battery in), open BBSAK, enter your password when prompted and press OK. If you don't have a password, just press OK. You should now see your PIN on the main screen. Once you see it, click on Wipe Device. This will wipe the software from the device and will leave you with a 507 error.

If for some reason, you can't get BBSAK to connect to your phone, press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your computer, then open the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and shut down the process called bbdevmgr. Then go back to BBSAK and click Connect.

Once that's all done, open the Loader.exe file again and load the software back on (and since you've already wiped the phone, you can skip step 4). I've found that this can help in stubborn cases, so hopefully that will help.

If it still doesn't help, what are the chances that the phone is still under warranty? If it is, I'd take it into your local Bell store for further assistance. If it's no longer under warranty, let us know and hopefully there are a few more tricks that can be tried.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

My Device: 9800
My Carrier: celcom

hello,,i have the same problem,but im stuck at bbsak it cant connect,,pls help me

My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: movistar

i have the same problem, nobody has reply with information if it worked ot not, my phone, a torch 9800 also just have a red light for abut 1 minute and then nothing,
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: MTN

Smiley Frustrated hi. me too I have the same problem and the worst thing is that my phone cant even connect to BBsak app. plz help.

Highlighted
My Device: blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: brightstar singapore

plz help me also ...i am facing the  same problem Smiley Sad

My Device: 9800
My Carrier: 0127795216

hello there..I've the same problem..but in my case my bb 9800 doesn't turn on,black screen,red lights up and PC won't detect..so what im gonna do?i've try a lots of step that suggested from others..but nothing happened..please help me..im really frustrating rite now..