Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: t-mobile

Re: Torch 9800 OS 6 upgrade issues

This problem looks like the same I am having but before follow your steps I would like to know what happen with the applications and e-mails configurations, will I lost everithing?

where do I have to save the OS downloaded from where you suggest? what for do I down load the OS if you wrote to install from c:\program files\common files\.........

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

The OS will be saved to where I've directed you and it must be downloaded in order for you to be able to navigate to that path:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader

When you download and install the OS onto your PC, it creates these folders.  It's all part of the installation package for the OS.

Please keep us posted and don't hesitate to post back here if you have any more questions.  Smiley Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Asa final follow up to my original issue, the fix metnioned in this trail worked.  I'e been problem free for 2 days now.  EVERYTHING is working as expected...even better than new.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

Glad to hear it, chip!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell

I am following your instructions for removing my OS (I am having the same problems since updating) and when I got to the current update noted in your instructions, I end up at a German or Dutch site.  If I complete the download from there I am guessing that it wont be in English.  Comments?

Contributor

I downloaded both software and at the beginning had the same doubt about the German language. But I would like to share that last night I connect my phone to my computer willing to do what was suggested and then the Blackberry software in my PC opened and notify that a new upgrade was available. But also gave me the option to downgrade the OS to previous OS and I did that and that finally solve my problem, now the battery is working normally as it was before the ugrade.

At this point I don know what I am loosing not using the last OS but I prefer my battery working as it should.

Contributor

I would like to share with the community that if you have the Blackberry desktop installed before the OS up-grade, then you will be able to downgrade your phone to the previous OS and the battery issues will finish and the black clock on the glass will disappear

New Contributor

How do you downgrade?  I have looked at all the options in desktop and dont see anything that allows downgrading.  thanks!

Contributor

When you connect the phone to the computer and the Desk top software open on you screen, it will show you that there is an update available, when you click on "UPDATE" a new window open. On the left down corner of this window there is a button that says "View other versions", click there and you will see your previous OS

Good luck

New Contributor

Right now there are no new updates for my phone so perhaps I will wait until a new one is available and then follow your instructions.  Thanks so much.