Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Torch 9800 OS 6 upgrade issues

I went back to the upgrade option and you were correct!  Perhaps I should read more carefully.  I am downgrading as we speak so I will advise once everything is completed.  Thanks again.

Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: t-mobile

Good luck, let me know if worked for you,

regards

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Torch 9800 OS 6 upgrade issues: It's backtrack

I hate to have to tell you this, but the problem with my Torch 9800 has reoccurred.  I now am running 6.0 Bundle 2475 (v6.0.0.546, Platform 6.6.0.207)  Since I installed (this per our previous messages) I have not downloaded any additional apps.  After about 3 days, I noticed the hour glass appearing on my Torch.  The battery life started to deteriorate.  My voice dial program starts to run slowly.  Same as before.  What's causing this?

Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

Do you know if this vodafone version is locked to vodafone or not?

New Contributor
My Carrier: Bell

I did downgrade and everything is back to normal. Do you know if this is. Something RIM can fix or am I to never update again? Your help is much appreciated
Contributor

Actually I don't know if they are aware of this problem and if they are working on a solution, I don't know what are we loosing without the upgrades but believe I feel better having my phone working normally

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

haitham178 wrote:

Do you know if this vodafone version is locked to vodafone or not?

No, you can use this OS on a Torch from any carrier.  You will simply need to delete a file from the installation folder as below:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader

At the very bottom is a file called vendor.xml.  Delete that (it's basically vendor-related information).

Then in that same folder towards the top is an executable called "Loader."  It'll have a little phone icon next to it.  Connect your device to the PC, then double click that executable and away you go with your OS upgrade!  Smiley Happy

Make sure you've done a proper backup prior to your upgrade and please post back if you have further questions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Just to tag in on this; about 3 days after I installed this OS version, my problems returned.  All of them.  So, following another sugestion from the forum, I downraded my OS.  It's been running okay since yesterday.  I'll post a status when the phone has been error free for a week.  Thansk for the help.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

chipstr1 wrote:

Just to tag in on this; about 3 days after I installed this OS version, my problems returned.  All of them.  So, following another sugestion from the forum, I downraded my OS.  It's been running okay since yesterday.  I'll post a status when the phone has been error free for a week.  Thansk for the help.

Thanks for the update, Chip.  Remind us again what OS you were running.....

There is a new version available.....6.0.0.576 from Bharti Airtel Limited, just FYI.  Smiley Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Contributor

Do you know if this OS version is working OK (problem free?)