Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

Torch 9800 Problems Any Advice?

I have a Blackberry Torch 9800. There is something wrong with it, and its not just one thing. For example;

When I click on App World I get a popup saying this "To continue using Blackberry App World, you must upgrade your current version. For more information, please visit www.blackberry.com/appworld/support." I get two options after that; "Upgrade" or "Close". "Close" obvioulsy closes the message and does nothing. "Upgrade" does nothing either, when you click it..nothing.. no website transfer nothing. This is a big problem because I can't update any of my current apps or download new ones. My phones really outdated.. and App World is not the only app that doesn't work properly. Their are a couple other apps that don't work properly either. How should I go about fixing these problems the correct way? A complete system sweep?

Thanks for your time and support.

Super Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Torch 9800 Problems Any Advice?

clicking update will not take you to any website, it should prompt you to install or download the latest version. If not make sure that your connection is good.

Let me know if this help.
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

It doesn't even give me a prompt to download the latest version. When you click "upgrade" it does nothing, nothing at all. Yes my connection is fine.
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Try reloading your OS. This will reload BlackBerry World as well as everything else on your phone. To do this, plug your phone in to your PC and open BlackBerry Desktop Software. Once your phone has been recognized, click Device at the top of the software then click Restore. Choose the most recent restore point and load it. That should resolve your issue.

Let us know if that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.