Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 8900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Torch 9800 Problems

I've been a BB user for about 6 yrs and an AT&T customer for about twice that long, if that's possible. The torch, which I was forced to switch to because my Curve was "unrepairable" - (FALSE!) is a total piece of **bleep**. I'm now on my 4th phone since last September. The phone crashes on a daily, if not more often, basis, it won't sync properly with either my Mac or my Google apps. I finally got tech support to acknowledge that there are inherent problems and "we are working to resolve them as quickly as possible". Meanwhile, the device that is supposed to make my life easier is driving me nuts. Anybody know when/if a fix is imminent? What is the current OS?

Super Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 .246/.448/.526/.666/.706

bookie523 wrote:

I've been a BB user for about 6 yrs and an AT&T customer for about twice that long, if that's possible. The torch, which I was forced to switch to because my Curve was "unrepairable" - (FALSE!) is a total piece of **bleep**. I'm now on my 4th phone since last September. The phone crashes on a daily, if not more often, basis, it won't sync properly with either my Mac or my Google apps. I finally got tech support to acknowledge that there are inherent problems and "we are working to resolve them as quickly as possible". Meanwhile, the device that is supposed to make my life easier is driving me nuts. Anybody know when/if a fix is imminent? What is the current OS?

Don't know when a "fix" is imminent, but the mosr current OS update released byt AT&T is Package Version: 6.0.0.695 Consisting of: Applications: 6.0.0.246.

Follow BBOSGhostryder on Twitter
Don't forget to click on the Like button if you like the answer to your post and/or click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh **** he's awake".
Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: No idea

Hello, I need some help, a couple of weeks ago I was trying to get into a web site, but i coudn't do it because my BB says that I have no authorization, and because of that I coudn't use the browser. I'm trying to fix that, but everytime I try to go into a web site shows this weard error. Please help me:

Thanks

Dolvoth

PD: I'm sorry for orthographics mistakes, I don't speak english Smiley Tongue

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Smartphones get dirty and greasy. That just a fact of lifr. You're going to have to push past that.

The better case is by GRT. My otter case did the same thing. You're right, it sucks. I like this one because it completely encases the phone (minus the screen). The case slides with your phone, making it that much better

Glad to hear the other issues are working themselves out.
New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodacom

Torch 9800 Problem

Well I have my Blackberry Torch 2 Months now but I got this new problem when I get a notification or when the phone rings it sounds like the speaker distores like the speaker is broken and when I Restard the phone its ok again,but then for a week its fine then it happens again I really don't know what's the problem because I know the speaker is fine.

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

corra, what is your OS release found at Options > Device > About, looks like 6.0.0.xxx?
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

My Blackberry OS v6.0.0.246 Platform 6.4.0.105 everytime I try to upgrade it on the phone its says OS upto date but please help me with the Speaker distorsion thats realy weird and another problem is my music player I will listen to songs and then suddenly it wil stop and when I unlock the screen the music player closed itself and then I have to go back in again I think if it closed once and I reopened it will not do it again for that day thanx for the help I am new to blackberry so this is weird.

Super Contributor

Corra27 wrote:

My Blackberry OS v6.0.0.246 Platform 6.4.0.105 everytime I try to upgrade it on the phone its says OS upto date but please help me with the Speaker distorsion thats realy weird and another problem is my music player I will listen to songs and then suddenly it wil stop and when I unlock the screen the music player closed itself and then I have to go back in again I think if it closed once and I reopened it will not do it again for that day thanx for the help I am new to blackberry so this is weird.

v246 is an older OS. Who is your carrier? Do you use Blackberry Desktop Software to check for updates? Normally, when you plug in your device using the Desktop software manager, it will automatically check for updates and/or upgrades. Make sure you have the latest desktop manager. If you don't have desktop manager, you can download it from Blackberry here.

Don't forget to click on the Like button if you like the answer to your post and/or click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh **** he's awake".
New Contributor

Ile try that quickly to download that manager and second im from South-Africa carrier Vodacom I think the big thing is we don't get OS updates butt ile try that update will it help for the reason my speaker distores thanx

Super Contributor

v246 had several issues that just about any OS upgrade will correct.