Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Torch 9800 Problems

corra, go to http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9800-series-discussion-torch/248372-latest-os-9800-6-0-0-247...
and download the OS file and follow the instructions there

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my blackberry 9800. My picture messenger is not working. I can't send or receive any pictures anymore. Pls can someone help me ?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: telus

I have had problems with my Torch 9800 being slow as well. Mine was due to using a Patriot memory card. Inferior memory can cause the device to respond slowly. I have no problems when I use the sandisk memory card that came with my phone. So from now on I am only using Sandisk memory cards.

Trusted Contributor

As well I am running the new software. There is good news for the future with RIM. They have new phones coming this fall. They are the 9900 and 9930. They will be using the new OS7 software. I myself wont be getting one right away but I might as my blackberry was free (no contract as well). In any case I do hope the memory card information will help. Just make sure its name brand. My patriot card was causing me to think it was my phone. I performed a test, and after removing the (offending) memory card my phone was very fast, then put the card back in and it was slower. Just a thought.

Love the comment about Bhudda the man was ahead of his time and very intelligent.

Kindness and compassion.

Trusted Contributor

I discovered a new thing today

Hold alt key and type l g l g

Shows the log. Then clear the log and the phone responds much faster
Trusted Contributor

I agree. The otterbox I had broke so I am going with a clear type shield. My phones camera I haven't had any problems with so far great clear pics all the time.
New Contributor
My Device: TORCH 9800
My Carrier: DIGICEL,TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO

[ Edited ]

Good Evening Sir/Madam,I am not getting to use YOU TUBE anymore,a service I have had since February 2011 when I bought it.I am receiving a message stating,AN ERROR OCCURED ATTEMPTING TO PLAY MEDIA. Plese help me.MY pin # is <personal Content Removed>.Thank you.

[Edited - Personal Information. Please read your messages]

Contributor
My Device: TORCH -9800
My Carrier: AIRTEL

I have just checked your posted message, i am sure you must have got rid of your problem by now, any way what is coming to my mind is that it is always ''better to be late then never'' hence i am posting my reply, 

I have just shifted to the torch model, what solution i find to your problem is that the reason for screen going black is the setting of the time out of the screen 

before coming to the settings detail i would suggest that you can always press your Right hand side volume up and down button when ever you want your screen to wake up and every thing is visible on the screen , you can do the same by pressing the top left hand side button ''' note i am talking of the ''lock and mute '' switches awailable at the top of the phone, you can press the lock buttong and the screen comes alive, 

you can mail me back if you require the settings for the delay in your time out of screen, which i am sure would be a permanent solution to the problem

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 8900
My Carrier: AT&T

Thanks for your response, but I've had Blackberries for at least 5 years. The reasons I had to replace the Torch 4 times in 5 months were many times more severe that the one you "solved", as may be attested to by the more than a dozen hours on the phone with tech support.

You're right. I did solve the problem. I threw it in the trash and bought an iPhone.

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

bookie523 wrote:

You're right. I did solve the problem. I threw it in the trash and bought an iPhone.

bookie, you came in three months after this thread was resolved for the original poster, stated your problem in a solved thread, and back again now after six months complain.

omg, wow!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code