Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: phlik

Re: Torch 9800 Problems

My BB torch device has a problem of switching of and on unnecessary and my camera won't work,is there a solution plc I need answers.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: telus

I would suggest doing a reset. Battery pull, then remove the memory card and the sim card. Reinsert the sim memory card, and battery. If the torch is under warranty I would return it.

One last thing clear the log file.

I own a 9900 now and don't clear my log file that often.

To clear the log file-

Hold alt
Type l g l g

Then hit bb key and delete the log file hope that helps!
Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9800
My Carrier: Digicel.

Hello. I have a BB 9800 and have a no of issues. I use wifi at home on my 9800 which includes youtube, fb and browse the web. However i had to install a router (NEXXT stealth 150) to extend the signal in the house. It works well on the laptop and Samsung phones but not on the 9800. It has registered and i can browse and access fb but not youtube. But if i walk in the zone of the main router it switches smoothly and i can access youtube and all of the above. How do i fix the issue.
2. My browser is up to date according to the phone 6.0 bundle 695 but its slower, freezes in switch applications.
3. Only the BB knob and escape key works i have to use the touchscreen to make calls and slide down to end calls. The trackpad scrolls but dont click.
4. Last year i made the error of upgrading BBID which worked on my phone and caused appworld to say error. After some months i finally found some versions that work well together once i dont connect them to BBM. They are BBM v61049, appworld v40055, BB identity v63013 and BB protect v11173 i can now download from appworld but most of them say error after. I cant afford to buy another phone pls help.