Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: blah
Accepted Solution

Torch 9800 Wallpaper folder

[ Edited ]

I have a (hopefully) simple question for fellow Torch users/experts...

Where the heck is the Wallpapers folder located on the device, and how do I get to it?

I've downloaded a few Torch wallpapers but they are showing up in my "Picture Library".  I have some default Torch wallpapers, and they are filed under "Wallpapers."  I'd like to be able to move the downloaded wallpapers into that folder as I'm **bleep**-retentive on the organization thing... LOL  Is it possible to do so?  When I attempt to access the Torch via USB drive, I can't seem to find that "Wallpapers" folder anywhere.

Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller? (Ferris)

Alternatively, if I can move those wallpapers on the device, into a different wallpapers folder on the media card instead, that would work for me as well.  Smiley Wink

Regular Contributor
My Device: blah

Re: Torch 9800 Wallpaper folder

I've found the Wallpaper folder... It's hidden, but if you use the BB File Manager, you can get to it under system > user > samples.  The demo videos are in there as well, so you could try to get rid of 'em if u need more memory.

I did find out that any subfolders I'd make in the default "Pictures" (or Picture Library) folder, would show up not as a subfolder at all.  So say, if I made a "my wallpapers" folder in the pictures folder, any time I browse through pics, it would list the folder as a separate one when viewed via media on the Torch, even though it's technically a subfolder when viewed in a Windows Explorer window (via USB connection).