Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Torch 9800 and OS 7

Hi All;

I'm new on here and just wondering if anyone knows if Blackberry is going to deploy an OS 7 for the 9800? I don't want to change to another Blackberry but I also like the looks and features to the new OS. If anyone knows anything I would appreciate the info.

Thanks

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Torch 9800 and OS 7

short answer no

Why?

OS 7 uses dedicated graphics and requires the new CPU that only the newer phones have.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Another solid reason to switch to Android when my current contract is up. There are many other reasons to switch, but this one was the last straw for me. Adios BB, it's been NO FUN at all.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

We'll miss you.  Smiley Sad

Let's hope Android devices never get updated with new, state-of-the-art hardware that requires a new phone to operate it.  That would put them on par with BlackBerry (finally).

Let us know if you need help if you ever come back.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

lol, I bet if they DO, they will NOT say it is compatible with a CURRENT model that's been out for a year, but with a slightly different model #.

The hype said it was going to work on the TORCH, which I have. But, not the 9800 Torch, the new 9810 Torch.. and as I said, this wasn't the ONLY reason to switch over.

Do you not agree, that after the Android phones and new Iphones came out about the same time, BB was not even listed in most new APPS being released. Even now, it's the same. The newest apps say for Android and Iphone.. right? Where was BB when all of these apps were being programmed for the other phones?

Anyway, I'm not leaving yet. I still have another year of BB to go. Sorry. lol

RM

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Many apps are not for BlackBerry, not because BlackBerry is not a leading brand of smartphone but rather that RIM has not always been known as an app-friendly platform for which to develop.  Many developers have complained about how RIM handles app development.  RIM has since addressed these problems and is now making headway in the area of apps.

As time goes on, you'll continue to see more and more apps for BlackBerry phones.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Some developers are waiting for BB10 OS on the new phones that are supposed to be coming this year.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V