Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: O2

Torch 9800 battery drain after os6 update

I only recently updated my Torch 9800 to os 6.0.0.600 as I wanted to put my photos onto my mac. Ever since I did that my battery drains at the slightest thing, such as if I take a few photos. My battery life was brilliant before the update so I can only think it is connected to the update. I have read loads of comments on forums about this issue and tried battery pulls and removing the SD card and have gone onto the Desktop Software to try to downgrade to the previous os but this is not available or I would do it in a flash. One of the suggestions given was to use BBSAK and reinstall the os but BBASK is not available for mac so I am at the end of my tether. If anyone can offer me any more suggestions I would be so grateful, otherwise my Torch is going, quite literally, into the bin. Thanks in advance.
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Torch 9800 battery drain after os6 update

Hi Musicmazza and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

When you plug your BlackBerry Torch 9800 into your computer, do you see a prompt on the screen to enable USB Drive?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Hi, yes that comes up as one of the options.
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: tele 2

hey i have the same problem with my bb torch 9800 allso battery drained in few minutes and even when i'm charging, my phone working very slow and stuck in every movement 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

When you enabled the USB drive, did you get prompted on your computer for a driver update or did it appear as a drive?

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

I don't remember what happened the first time but when I've plugged it in since, it appears on my computer screen, presumably as a drive, with no other prompting and the desktop software opens. Sorry for my ignorance. Thanks for responding, though.