Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone Egypt

Torch 9800 connectivity

Dear all,

I'm new with blackberries, so kindly accept my apologize for my ignorance, i have some questions so kindly find them below:

Note:

My Carrier : Vodafone Eg

1- I subscribed to Blackberry services, but the service limited download for 2MG and for any extra MG for extra fees, so if the device is connected to wireless connectivity, is the downloads will be calculated from 3G or carrier network or wireless network.

2- is there any options to open my mail from the device without subscription, if i do not want blackberry push mail and other services like encryption, which is free for all mobile brands

3- how can i know the downloaded bytes and active data connection ?

4- if there is any option in the device so i can put it in silence when i receive new call without removing it from the cover.

Thank you and appreciating your fast response and support

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Etisalat Egy.

Re: Torch 9800 connectivity

hey and welcome to the forums,

first of all when you're connected to both networks the device automatically chooses to use the wi fi network.

and second , you can check ur mail through the wap browser but its not completely free even vodafone it offers the wap for 1 EGP a day or "begneh fel yoom" if you remember the campaign ..what i mean is without the BIS service u can check ur mail with the wap but it aint free u can check with vodafone on the exact wap usage fees and ask them to configure the wap for u ..

and third u can silence the ringtone by pressing the mute key on the top of the phone while getting a call

hope that helps.

1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the white star in the black box to the left of the post.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Super Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone Qatar

Also I wanted to tell you that using Blackberry Service over Vodafone EG or Etisalat will never cost you more, the Arabic carriers are real idiots they can't monitor the data transferred through RIM servers,

They will only let you pay if you used Youtube,

I tested my Blackberry over Vodafone Qatar, Vodafone Misr(EG) , Etisalat Misr(EG), Etisalat UAE, STC(Saudi Arabia), AT&T and Qatar QTel

The only carriers that were able to monitor my usage locally or roaming were AT&T and Etisalat UAE

So enjoy it!
Super Contributor

Oh forgot to tell you that specially Vodafone Misr cannot monitor it,

If you got a USB modem from them the Prepaid mode(Al Kart) you will pay 150 EG and get fair usage policy of 6 GBs, I passed over 20 GBs in one month and never got my speed down by 1kb
Contributor

okay, thank you, but how can i configure my mail as exchange mail, have a full image of my exchange mail as in Nokia exchange for mail app.

also the new application world is not running at Egypt is there any way to download new apps

thank you for your help

Super Contributor

No, the App world is not running at any arabic countries,

I couldn't understand your first question, as I have never used Mail for exchange on Nokia before.
Contributor

i have many sub folders in my mail at outlook client and webmail which is ruuning by Exchange 2010, some time i create some rules to automatic move the mails to folders, so how can i have not just incoming pushed emails in my BB, i want the old mails already stored in my outllook or in my exchange storage as backup, so i can easily browse this folders and search for mails

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Sorry, But BB use PUSH Tech only, so you can't add the old emails to it unless you send yourself a copy of them again.

And you will only get emails pushed to your BB from inbox only as far as I know when using BIS, you will need BES to get emails from different folders