Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Torch 9800 deletes text messages older than 30 days

And there's no option that AT&T or myself can find to disable this. How do I tell this piece of **bleep** phone to never delete my text messages? The only app i have installed is Facebook and I have over 300 MB of application space and multiple GBs of data storage space. I only have this problem with text messages too, emails older than 30 days are still on my phone. What's going on?
My Device: Black Berry torch
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Torch 9800 deletes text messages older than 30 days

I have noticed the same problem with my BB Torch as I cant find old text messages and my Network provider Orange UK dont seem to have an answer.
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

go into the option menu when you are in text messages; there you can actually set the amount of days your BB should be keeping the messages. you can also choose to never delete the messages.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Actually, I've finally found it but your information is wrong. You have to go the options menu from Messages (different from Text Messages). Then under "Message Display and Actions" you go to the bottom and and change "Days To Keep Messages" from 30 days to Forever. The fact that this defaults to 30 days is inexcusable. Blackberry R Dum
Contributor
My Device: BB Torch 9800
My Carrier: bsnl

guys plz help ....

i did the same thing as you told to do for" forever" in option . but still it is there only for now 2 months . older than 2 monts are being deleated,,,,plz help Smiley Sad