Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: BLACKBERRY TORCH
My Carrier: O2

Re: Torch 9800 ''email set up icon not responding'' ... unable to edit or set up email accounts.

Does anyone know when Blackberry will have the fix for this problem, , when i hit setup wizard then email, nothing happens, when i go to quit, phone freezes and i have to turn phone off and on to get it working. This happened after i did latest software update, also when i hit messages then options and email account management, get error saying conact service provider, contacted O2 they say it hardware prob with blackberry, ....can anyone help or shed anymore light on this problem ..........thanks ..............    

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Torch 9800 ''email set up icon not responding'' ... unable to edit or set up email accounts.

I am getting the same error you described and posted this to the forum. I have gotten as far as NOT installng the upgrade (version 6.11.0419.0755) when asked to do so. This pops up when I try to enter the email set up. I am leery of updating. In order to get the torch back I had to do a back up and reinstall.

Have you gotten any response?
New Contributor
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: Telcel

Boomer56 wrote:

jerryherrera wrote:
When you say "log in via computer instead", do yo refer to go to the site https://bis.na.blackberry.com/.... etc and create the account there?
If so, I'm getting a message that the account can only be created at the BIS app from my phone, not in a browser.

Yes, that's what we mean, and unfortunately you need to be able to access the device e-mail setup to turn that off.  Smiley Sad

Have you tried the mobile.blackberry.com option as below?

From your device's browser, go to mobile.blackberry.com.

Select your country, then go to Communicate>Email.

Scroll down to Other Personal Email and click on Integrate Now, then Launch Email Setup.

That solved my problem,

thnx

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

jerryherrera wrote:

That solved my problem,

thnx

Good to hear.  Smiley Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor
My Device: Torch

This saved the day for me and my wife - both our email accounts were "unavailable" and when we switched to 3G from WiFi, it allowed us to access them and reset our passwords. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!
New Contributor
My Device: Balcckberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi,

I am a torch user as well and am facing the same problem. The mobile service provider is T-mobile and i tried all the options listed on this post but am unable to access the email setup Smiley Indifferent i tried the email setup icon on the device but it is not responding, tried the mobile.balckberry.com option but it gives error when i click on 'Launch Email Setup' and says that the setup cannot be accessed from this site and tried from the service providers site stated above but it takes me to the account summary every time and does not give me the email setup option. Please suggest. Stuck up with no mail access on my mobile from past 2 days!

New Contributor
My Device: Balcckberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Can someone hepl PLEASE!!!! if this is such a common and has been across models, why is blackberry not doing anything about it?????? and worst is i am not getting any help! i want my set replaced!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

Pallavy, give this a try:  http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB26055

I think in your case the URL would be http://t-mobile.blackberry.com/rest/EmailClient/ from your BlackBerry browser.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

The only way I solved my problem was to update the desktop software and the sync the phone witth it. I then uninstalled the software for the app os/email (I think it is just part of the os) and then reinstalled. It took some time to get it upgraded. After it was all over I was able to access the email setup on the phone.

Same problem presents a very different experience for everyone. Other solutions did not work for me - only sync'ing and the doing the upgrade afterward.

I have ATT as my torch 9800 service.
Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: vodaphone

Hi All,

i upgraded the os on my torch todaya nd everything appears to be working fine.

However this evening I went into set up and clicked on the email icon (which tells me I have 3 accs) but does not respond,( the social website one does respond by displaying all the appropriate accounts).

i can access mail on my providers site so can modify them there if need be and the mobile bb/country/communicate route works, so no major problem.

what is the cause of the dead mail account icon in set up and what is the fix?

ta