Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: O2

Torch 9800 firmware update

Just been told by my Blackberry desktop software that my Blackberry Torch 9800 requires a software upgrade to version 6.0.0 which I did and it took an hour to update (getting a little worried over the length of time there), but after it had finished and rebooted the phone the desktop software says that I still have this software to update still to level 6.0.0. When I view what level I have on it when I click on the Blackberry Torch 9800 tab it tells me I have software version 6.0 with bundle 695. Me confusado? Is version 6.0 not the same as 6.0.0? And if so why is the desktop software still telling me that I still have the option to upgrade to level 6.0.0 when I hit the applications tab after I performed this software upgrade? Is this just a software glitch in the desktop software? 

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Torch 9800 firmware update

It sounds like a glitch. Unplug your phone, plug it back in and check again. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Tried that already. It still gives me the option to upgrade to version 6.0.0. I think it is a software glitch on the part of the desktop software. Not too bothered at the moment as the phone was and still is working well, so I am not wasting another hour at the moment going to install a version of firmware that as far as I am concerned I already have on my phone. If I go into the software update option on the Blackberry phone itself it tells me I have the latest version anyway installed!!!!

Thanks for your reply!

Elite II

Your phone would tell you that anyway because you have the latest version released by your carrier.  There could be five newer versions available from other carriers (and available for you to download, should you choose to) but if it hasn't been released by your carrier yet, your phone will show as being up to date.

No worries if everything is working right.  Enjoy your newly updated OS.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Yeah, I guess differnt carriers will have slightly different levels to copy with the differnences in each countries various carriers. I never thought of that. Makes sense I guess. After all I am sure there are some slight differences in the software supplied to user in the States as opposed to user over here in the UK.

Cheers! Smiley Very Happy

Elite II

The nice thing about updating your OS is that you can choose to download any OS from any carrier in the world.  So if your carrier is only up to 6.0.0.448 and you want to try 6.0.0.562, you just find a carrier that's carrying that version and download it from them.

You said everything's working well right now, and for that I'm happy.  Should you decide someday that you'd like to live on the edge and download a newer version, let us know and we'll walk you through the process step-by-step.  Smiley Happy