Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

Torch 9800 not connecting to server and BBM server issue

I have a BB Torch 9800, and starting on Dec 29, email failed to be received and BBM not working. I did nothing, they just stopped working.  Have done all types of hard reboots incl removing battery and SIM card, and BBM id is working. Just downloaded BBM app ver 7.0 thinking it would help, and now get BBM message, temporary server issue. 

Please help. Provider is AT&T.

thanks, and the very happiest New Year to whoever can get my BB working again!

bbarnes821

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Torch 9800 not connecting to server and BBM server issue

My guess is your provider, ATT, changed your data plan. Give them a call and make sure that your account is provisioned properly for BB services.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

You were absolutely right!  I suspected same, and went to AT&T store yesterday, and they told me all was perfect.  After your reply I called AT&T and she had to get the supervisor involved to manually reset the account!  All works nicely now! Thanks so much and have the happiest of New Years!!

bbarnes821

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

No problem. I've seen it many times. Glad it's working.

If you would, mark the post that was the solution to show the thread as solved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Not Specified