Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Three

Torch 9800 screen pixelates when slid open

My blackberry torch 9800 was working perfectly fine untill for some unknown reason the screen went completely pixelated, from then on it appears to be normal until you slide open the phone to use the qwerty keypad, therefore i can only use the phone when it is slided shut and have to rely on the touch screen. the only way to get the screen back to normal is to slide it shut and repeatedly press the lock button until it restores itsself and on multiple occassions i have had to remove the battery for the phone to go back to normal. 

does anyone know if this is a software problem? or a maufacture problem? or has it been damaged?

and is there anyway to fix it...?

Many thanks x

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Torch 9800 screen pixelates when slid open

It could be one of many things affecting your screen.  The best thing to start with is a battery pull, making sure your phone is powered ON before you remove the battery.  I see you've already done this, so we'll move on to step two.

Sometimes an installed app can cause a phone to go bonkers.  Try  to think if you installed an app recently that was not there before this issue arose.  If that does not apply to you then on to step three we go.

One of the best things you can do (besides a battery pull) to correct problems on your phone is to reload your OS.  It's really quite easy and it'll give your phone a fresh start.  In fact, I reload my phone's OS every 2-3 months whether it needs it or not.  To do this, plug your phone in to your PC and open BlackBerry Desktop Software.  Click Device at the top of the software then Update.  If you're offered a newer version of OS and you wish to load it, go ahead.  If no newer version is offered or if you don't want a newer version, click View Other Versions.  Choose the one with Currently Installed beside it and load it.

Let us know if that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.