Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: tourch
My Carrier: orange

Re: Torch 9800 wifi problems

hi all new to black berry my gf got tourch yeasterday i had a simuller problem with my d-link wifi when i got my iphone rang virgin up and thay came out and did something on my pc couldnt tell but it was then working but what i did notice was after this was done the lock icone on my internet explorer page was showing unlock now back to my gf bb tourch since we had it shes on my conection and not had a problem

hope this helps and sorry for swearing (iphone)lol 

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Well I did it all, updated firmware on d-link routers, I have 2 in the house connected to each other, reset Torch many times, resend service books etc.

Rogers UMA support told me they are working on the problem like the previous poster said. What I do now is I bought the Signal Refresh app ($2.99) and whenever I need to make phonecalls I refresh the signal and get the UMA . It stays connected untill I leave the WiFi signal and then it goes back to 3G.

(yes I have Talkspot)

New Contributor
My Device: 9800 Torch

Sucks but this is a deal breaker for me, returning my torch today Smiley Sad

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: stc

it same problem with me my router is linksys

but every min is descounct

pls need your action to fix this problem

I have a Torch 9800 and have the same problems as well.

Posting in here would be my best bet?

Please resolve this issue or I'll have to get a different phone

My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

I just upgraded to the Blackberry Torch as well & since I'm always at home I just added the $15 200mb plan thinking i'll be using my wifi most of the time. Well i'm connected to my wifi & haven't used my internet out of my house but yet i've uses 1.1 of 200mb so far in less then a day of upgrading. I called AT&T to ask & they said that maybe if my signal is low on my wifi then it'll automatically connect to 3g which is just weird cus when i'm connected it's full bars & all on my router & i have u-verse thru AT&T so it's a bit frustrating! So not too sure if i'm liking the phone, Smiley Sad. Idk if it's the wifi or the phone idk connection.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

It should use wifi in most cases

Simplified browser selection in BlackBerry Device Software 6.0

I had wifi issues at first here is what i found

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold-9700-smartphone/Netgear-WVPN824-WiFi-issue-co...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Ok! An update and a solution that won't cost me any money. I finally emailed support from my provider and they said "This issue is related with router setting. Please speak to D-Link and request them to help you with router channel number. It should be either channel 7 or 11. Please make sure you are not using automatic channel setting. Hope this helps." I'm not a complete moron and I know how to change that myself and I did and so far so good. It still disconnects now and then but at least now, it re-connects on its own pretty quickly. I don't have to go in the settings and turn wifi off then on manually anymore.
New Contributor

Tried re-enabling 802.11n and forcing it on channel 11...  Connection stopped functioning and refused to reconnect on its own, so now I'm back to n being disabled...

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

yeah my Torch is still pretty spotty with my wifi connection so based on what my carriers's tech support suggested, i changed to channel 11 or 7 (either channel works for me).  That seemed to work or at least I thought it did until about 5 mins later, it cut out again.  I changed the Channel Bandwidth on the router from Auto 20/40 Mhz to just 20 Mhz and that did the trick.  I *think* it worked, but then again I figured it out before i left the house today.  I'll update my torch's status soon.  It's really starting to piss me off that BlackBerry themselves won't help with this and the community has to rely on each other to figure out this garbage.