Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Torch 9800 will not restart after installing BlackBerry Travel app through appWorld

Downloaded and Installed "BlackBerry Travel" app through App World today. Device asked for reboot after installation. Since then it will not restart. Get the BlackBerry screen,  bar at bottom of screen gets about 75% across screen, then screen goes blank and starts again!

Battery if fully charged - what can I do please?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Torch 9800 will not restart after installing BlackBerry Travel app through appWorld

Welcome to the forums!

Try removing your battery for a few minutes, then see if it reboots after re-inserting the battery.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Re: Torch 9800 will not restart after installing BlackBerry Travel app through appWorld

Boomer56 - thanks for this effort, but it has made no difference whatsoever. The bar goes about 75% across the screen, freezes for about 30 seconds, then clears down and starts the cycle all over again!

App downloaded was BlackBerry Travel from RIM - anyone else know of issues with this app (which BlackBerry are pushing on FaceBook today!!)

New Contributor

Regular Contributor
My Device: iPhone 4S
My Carrier: Verizon

Is there a place to download the official 9850 OS for Verizon devices, or would I have to download and install a leaked OS?

New Contributor

Regular Contributor
My Device: iPhone 4S
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

Nope, but +1 for the effort. :-) I'm willing to bet it's not possible to download the original OS. I'm nitpicking. Getting a leak and removing the vendor.xml should be good enough, if it ever comes to that. Anyway there will probably be an update from Verizon sooner or later.

*edit*  Ooh, look what I found!!  Better late than never.

http://www.vzam.net/blackberry/download.aspx

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

stop it in safe mode?

How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in safe mode

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: 8900
My Carrier: vodafone itay

Hello,

this happened exaclty to me.

I had to reflash my BB due to other issues (BBSAK) and when installing BB travel the device continuosly reboots (the progress bar arrives to the end and then it starts again, on a never ending cycle).

To wake up my device I need to wipe it with BBSAK and re-install the OS.

All the other apps that I have installed doesnt' cause any issue to the BB (for instance, Facebook, Linkedin, Google maps).

This is a pity because i really like BB travel, but there is no way to install it on my device without crashing it..

At least for what I tried

Do you think I can try something else?

I have tried to download it through BB app world and throug the app web site.

Maybe the module it is creating conflict with other ones..my OS is

5 bundle 1004

Thanks

Michele