Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Torch 9810 - Cannot Browse For New Podcasts

This is my first post, but I have had a Blackberry for many years and love it.

My current phone is a Torch 9810, OS 7.1 Bundle 921 (v7.1.0.267 Platform  I recently decided to look into subscribing to some podcasts because I spend a lot of time commuting.  However, I cannot seem to browse for any suggested podcasts within the app, even though all documentation that I can find refers to there being an "explore podcasts" option in it. 

I was able to manually add a podcast and download episodes for that podcast, but this option to browse through a suggested podcasts catalogue is nowhere to be found.  It makes it very difficult for me to find podcasts that I want to listen to if I cannot easily browse for something which catches my interest!

The feature, seen at 0:27 in this video, which was uploaded only 4 days ago by RIM, is not present in my app, as you can see in this photo:

The "add podcast channel" option only leads to a text box where I insert a URL or name that I already have for a specific podcast, no browsing. Even with the specific name of a podcast to add, this is a very cumbersome and constricting process, and eliminates the possibility of happening upon something new and interesting by chance, which to me is one of the primary appeals of podcasts.

Any help I could get in resolving this discrepancy between what all documentation says should be available, and what I actually have access to, would be greatly appreciated!

My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: Torch 9810 - Cannot Browse For New Podcasts

I have the same issue. I had 100+ podcasts but after a failed backup to computer they disappeared. What's worse is there is no option to browse for podcasts. The OS was updated too. Maybe the option is gone.