Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

Torch 9810 - JVM Error 517

Hello everyone,

Got a problem with my Torch 9810, when i turn it on, it rebbot up to the letter E of Blackberry, then there is a white screen that says JVN Error 517, at the bottom says "reset".   what to do? please help

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10, Torch 9800, PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Torch 9810 - JVM Error 517

Hi - usually this type of error means something has caused your O/S to be corrupted and will need to be reloaded.

I will attempt to describe how to reload your O/S should you decide to do so.  I am going off of memory as it has been a long time since I have done this.

** Please note that reloading your O/S could result in you losing personal info from your device including your Contacts, Messages, and possibly your apps!! **

To load the O/S try powering down the BB device by holding down the power button.  
Load Desktop Manager on your laptop/computer then connect your BB to your computer with the USB cable.
The Desktop Manager software on your computer will run for a little while then it should prompt you about re-installing your O/S on your BB.  
Follow the on-screen prompts on your computer.  
The whole reloading of your OS could take up to an hour  and should not be interrupted.

Hope this helps.

Please click Like if this was helpful, and mark it as a solution if has solved your problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click 'Like' if this was helpful, and mark it as a solution if it has solved your problem.