Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch 1098
My Carrier: ATT

Torch 9810 Won't Power On After Battery Died.

[ Edited ]

It was dying and I was charging it in the car and took it off the charger into Whole Foods with me even though it was still dying. Got out of the store and it was dead again. Tried to charge it, and it wouldn't. Won't charge on the wall, either. Computer won't charge or recognize it, either. My battery, charger, and sim card all work on my sister's Torch 1098 together and separately, so it is not any of these things. However, her battery does not work on my phone. I tried taking the battery out, charging it without the battery, holding down the red phone button, etc. Nothing works. It is a completely black screen with no red LED. No anything.

It has not been dropped or wet.

What can I do? Please help. My ATT contract isn't up until the end of June and I don't have any spare phones or the finances to buy another, so I'd be without a phone until June!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG853), Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Torch 9810 Won't Power On After Battery Died.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Given what you describe, there is something major wrong with your BB...at a hardware level. Which means that only a qualified technician, with the device in their hands, can give you a proper diagnosis and estimate. If you remain in your warranty period and there is no obvious signs of physical damage, then you might be able to obtain service under those terms...but only your warranty service provider can tell you for sure.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................