Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Tourch 9810
My Carrier: O2

Re: Torch 9810 bluetooth doesn't work with BMW car

Hi all current version that cured all my connection issues is 7.0.0 bundle 2406

Current version 7.0.0 bundle 2406
New Contributor
My Device: TOrch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

Thanks. My carrier (AT&T) has latest version as bundle 2404 according to website (and also when I download "latest version"). I assume you are on a different carrier ?

Thanks

I'm on O2 in uk but my phone is blackberry generic I download software strait from Rim
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810

I am on AT&T, and the 2404 update is the bundle that fixed my issues. I did completely delete the pairing from my phone and car and then re-pair. That seemed to do the trick.

New Contributor

Hmm. I had deleted the pairing and then reestablihsed it but that was before I had downloaded the latest version (2404 in my case). So maybe I will try that again and see if that does the trick. Otherwise I will do a ceremenonial dance and chant incantations. Failing that I appear to be out of options.

Thanks for the help ...

New Contributor

No luck on this ..

I have done the following little experiment :

1)     Delete Bluetooth phones in BMW and "find" and establish connectivity with my old BlackBerry 9800 (after having removed and re-configured). The Bluetooth connectivity works fine – can read phone book etc. and it will dial a call (except being my old Torch I no longer has the AT&T connection so call does not proceed). However Bluetooth connectivity seems fine and holds over time

2)     Do exactly the same with my Blackberry 9810. Per my previous messages, the BB9810/BMW connection goes away after approx. 5 minutes and hangs up my 9810 phone.

For the record :

Blackberry 9800 : Software v 6.0 bundle 695 (v 6.0.0.246, platform 6.4.0.105)

Blackberry 9810 : Software v 7.0 bundle 2404 (v7.0.0.583, Platform 5.0.0.736)

At this point I don’t see any way out of this (beyond the obvious replace BB9810 with iPhone or Droid ..).

ANy other suggestions are welcome !

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810

So it seems that the OS upgrade was a false alarm. After a few days, I started getting more dropped connections.

On another board, I read people having similar issues with the Bold 9900, and a BMW dealer had said it was actually an issue on the BMW side with trying to download too many messages.

So,...I did a couple of things that seemed to have helped:

-- downloaded the newest BMW software upgrade (released in Dec, I think)

-- On my Torch, I disabled the it getting message. In the bluetooth connections menu, select MAP options and deselect everything

-- deleted and re-pair the phone

Did it this morning, and so far have been able to conduct two long phone calls without any issues! Granted, I can't see my email in the console, but I'll settle for phone calls.

Hope that helps!