Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

Torch 9810 messages/folders problem

I upgraded recently from 9800 to 9810. On my 9800, all of my e-mails appeared under my Messages icon, in the same folder. When I upgraded, I used BB Desktop Manager to transfer the information (a mistake, I believe). On the 9810, only some of my e-mails appear under the Messages icon now. I believe that I could locate all of them by changing to different folders, but I use Gmail, and I have something like 30 different folders, so this isn't really practical. I have wiped the phone and set back up, both using Desktop Manager and manually on the handset. I have removed and re-added all e-mail accounts in the e-mail setup app. 

An odd point: some (or maybe all) of my e-mails show up on the "today" screen that I get when I tap the message indicator at the top of the screen. But once I've read them, and they are no longer "new" messages, I have to switch folders to find them again, which is a bit of a pain.

Any suggestions? I've owned a blackberry for 4 years, and used them for work for 2 before that, but I'm seriously considering switching after the experience with both the 9800 and 9810.