Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Torch 9810 not turning on

mhall131313 wrote:

So, I found a repair guy and he told me the phone is broken and he can't fix it!!!  Kind of funny!!  Yeah, I think I knew it was broken.

Always a possibility...and one that cannot truly be diagnosed at an internet distance.

mhall131313 wrote:

So, is it really not cost effective to pay someone to try and fix these things?  This is a little frustrating to say the least.

As with so many things in our world, replacement is very often much more cost effective than repair. It is a pity, and generates a tremendous amount of waste disposal...but it is by no means unique to the SmartPhone market.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Is it possible, with this phone being a second hand phone, that it could have been "turned off" in some way?  It blows my mind that this is not fixable in some way.  It's too nice of a phone to let it just be thrown away basically.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

mhall131313 wrote:

Is it possible, with this phone being a second hand phone, that it could have been "turned off" in some way?

Given your description of symptoms, none that I can think of.

mhall131313 wrote:

It blows my mind that this is not fixable in some way.  It's too nice of a phone to let it just be thrown away basically.

If the damage is physical, and is blocking the flow of power from the battery to the device, then only a qualified hardware technician can determine the viability of repair. And, from all you've described, that is what I deduce...the battery is fine, but the power just cannot get out of the battery and into the device. And that involves a bunch of wires, circuit boards, and other things...all hardware.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks SD!!  I do appreciate your comments and help.