Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: BB Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

Torch 9810 screen black - why is this still unresolved?

I have read so many posts about screens going black but the phone still appears to operate but you just cant see anything on the screen. everyone keeps saying "pull the battery" or update software and the user posts that it doesnt work. Obviously these arent solutions and there are tons of users who have a useless phone if they cant resolve this common problem with the blackberry device. What is the problem that is causing this and how is it resolved? Do you need a new digitizer? What is the solution???
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Torch 9810 screen black - why is this still unresolved?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!!

Please try to understand that site is a volunteer-contributed user-to-user community; it has nothing whatsoever to do with any of your formal support channels. This is part of the Ts and Cs to which everyone agrees when signing up here, and is supported by this banner displayed at the top of nearly every page of the site:

BSCF User Comm.JPG

Consequently, the advice given is done so freely and voluntarily by those who wish to help others out as best they can. If the answer does not work for them, then that is a sad thing, but not a "bad" thing...after all, they tried to help as best they could, and we should thank them for that contribution.

As a user-to-user community, our goal here is to provide answers and resources as best we can, but sometimes formal support is required, in which case our goal becomes to provide as clear an understanding as possible as to the root cause of any issue (which often will require asking to perform several diagnostic steps to try and rule in/out various possible causes). If the issue is hardware, then that is incredibly difficult (nearly impossible) to truly diagnose at an internet-distance...after many tests, we can perhaps conclude that the issue is hardware, but a true hardware diagnosis really requires in-hand evaluation by a qualified technician...which may indeed be what those poor souls you mention require.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: xl

Re: Torch 9810 screen black - why is this still unresolved?

Hi,

9800 & 9810 uses a flex cable, sometimes the cable got damaged or worn out.

if the screen is black but keypad still lights up and you still can received calls.

9 out of 10 it needs a new flex cable.

check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0-TR3Kw6Fg

and this is how you disamble 9800

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfXQ4UIhDGQ

but I suggest you take it to a local repairer  & ask them to do it for you.