04-11-2012 01:17 PM
04-11-2012 01:27 PM
Which Torch are you using and who is your carrier?
04-11-2012 03:25 PM - edited 04-11-2012 03:26 PM
The update is not yet available from your carrier for your device.
04-11-2012 10:15 PM - edited 04-11-2012 10:21 PM
You could technically install a leaked version but it is highly unrecommended. You could potentially brick your devvice and also void the warranty. Why don't you contact your carrier and ask them when they ill release it.
I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700
04-12-2012 12:25 PM
Manual device OS upgrade instructions:
1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use. or choose a diff carrier that has it released.
2. Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. Get DM here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
3. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
5. This step is not needed unless there is an issue on next steps. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to step 6
6. remove internet connection to PC and reboot PC.
7. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file was in.
8. if you did Step 5, restore from back up. Follow this KB if needed http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339
Enjoy the new OS.
BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.
BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V