Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Telus

Torch 9810

Hi, I am new just registered. My phone is not accepting my password and asks me to enter "blackberry" to continue.

I am at my last attempt and tried to remove the battery as well as the SIM card.

Is there a way to save my data? i didnt do a back up and regret it ....

Can someone please help me ?

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Torch 9810

If it's the device password it's asking for and you're not entering the correct one, you have a maximum of ten attempts to get it right.  After that, *POOF*.....your information is gone.  If you haven't done a backup with BlackBerry Desktop Software or any other third-party backup app, you're out of luck.

I hope that clears things up for you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

To save all of your data:

go to google and type in Blackberry Desktop Software....this is what you want to download to save your music, pictures and things like that. Once it is downloaded you will have to plug your phone into your computer with a usb cord...probably the one used for your charger and the program will backup all of your files.

If you are wanting to save your contacts list, calendar events, memos, call logs, and text messeges currently on the phone you will download MagicBerry 3.1 Beta. You must have the Blackberry Desktop Software first because once you have backedup all of your files with that software, you can pull up the MagicBerry and open the file that has your backup stuff in it and it will open all of those files.

Hope this helps!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

keep in mind that your blackberry only has to be on in order for this to work, you dont have to worry about pressing any buttons on your phone to accept the software or anything on your computer.