Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Torch 9810

Hi I have a Torch 9810 and its been fine for about 10 months but just recently I have been unable to scroll down and off the screen either via the touchscreen or touchpad.

I have tried soft resets, hard resets, going back a software version but the problem will not go away.

is this a common fault - a colleage of mine has the same issue?

Is it hardware or software - I need to get this fixed before the warranty is up!

Answers please! Its a real pain - I cant even access tools now!

Cheers

My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Torch 9810

I just had the same problem after using it for 11 months and got a replacement one under warranty.  Before I sent back the defective one, for fun, I wiped the device reloaded the 7.1 OS.  Everything It worked again. 

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

If you've done battery pulls and OS reloads to no avail, it's probably a hardware issue. Your carrier should have a look at it to make that determination. If you leave it with your carrier for repair, make sure to do a backup with BlackBerry Desktop Software first.

I hope that helps you. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

thanks that helps me make a quick decision

appreciate your time and effort responding

Cheers
New Contributor

thanks with the reply above that really helps me make a quick decision