Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Verizon

Torch 9850 Speakerphone issue

Ever since I updated my Torch 9850 to the new Verizon update that was available for my cell the speaker phone is no longer as LOUD as it use to be. I have already reported this to Verizon and Blackberry. I have my case # and they told me NO one has mentioned this issue.

Well, Crackberry.com users in there forum have done so I will do it here nunless someone else has already. I need help with this issue ASAP because my speaker phone is useless.

Yes, I've done all common sense thing to do. (battyer pull, wipe out, re-install, backup...and still nothing. Which is why I gave up and called and they (Blackberry support) have NOT found a solution. Unless they come up with another update yet again. But that is annoying which is why I am messaging this now. Please help.

Thank you in advance.

New Contributor

Re: Torch 9850 Speakerphone issue

Pretty sad Blackberry and no other users CANT even help with this post as this is a serious matter for many users for the 9850 Torch.

It also indicates to me, like a person mention in crackberry.com how Blackberry support forums does NOT really helps there users. Thats why I posted this to seek for help and NOT one person can figure this out?

Not even the people who runs this website?

If you know anything please help. This is annoying me.

Getting a new cell phone will not cure the issue.

New Contributor

I still have no update for this current issue. For the people who seem to have the same issue that I experienced since the 7.1 457 update for Verizon 9850 Torch...Keep bumping up this post so Blackberry/RIM can do something about it.

This issue makes my phone useless. I use my speakphone 40% of the time during calls. This phone is useless having this feature if i have to put it up onto my hear just to use speakerphone.

Please HELP BLACKBERRY/RIM!
Regular Contributor
My Device: BB z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I feel for you!  I needed the speaker today for others to hear, same sh!t. Sprint though, was your complaint registered through V or BB?  Get a petition going! 

New Contributor

registered/posted on crackberry.com and blackberry support which is this. Also, I called Verizon to report this which then transferred me to Blackberry tech support to make a claim on this issue. They had no answer and its now been 3+ weeks. They claim no one else has experienced this issue or reported it which is a bunch of toilet **bleep**.

I have emailed them when they sent me a survey to fill out and you can assume already what I typed to them.

However, no update for this yet. I thank you for supporting my post though.

-MG

New Contributor
My Device: 9850
My Carrier: verizon

I am having similar issues and am getting very frustrated.  Verizon is saying they cant do anything but send me another 9850 which will not solve my issues.  They proposed I buy - yes BUY a bluetooth speaker.  I need the speakerphone for conference calls as I am a consultant and rely on this feature very heavily when conference room equipment at clients fail.  I said I'd be happy to take another blackberry model as I need a blackberry to bridge with my playbook.  They said they cant even switch me for a pre-owned bold.  This treatment is after years of service, 6  lines active at a time and asurion insurance on my phone.  RIM please help - eaithe release an update that fixes this issue or let me know how to trade for another model on verizon.

Thanks!

Regular Contributor
My Device: BB z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Did new phone fix it? I downgraded to 7.0.0.464 and it works again.
New Contributor
My Device: 9850
My Carrier: verizon

Had verizon send me a replacement and bought a bld on ebay  when the replacement came  I sold it on ebay  bold speaker working well and love having the keyboard for my playbook